PDA

View Full Version : For all your invert/shrimp fans!

carriej
02-01-2013, 12:43 PM
So this is Francois the cleaner shrimp....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v709/zygirl22/IMG_0257_zps476a09bc.jpg

He is a little cranky in the mornings. However I can usually get him to come say hello if I offer a piece of food. Today it was a flake, but he goes pretty nuts for mysis shrimp (is that sad I feed him his own kind? lol)

http://youtu.be/D3dSOnkTStI

Staceym
02-01-2013, 01:39 PM
Hehe Francois looks kinda shy :) Hes a cutie though! My cleaner shrimp loves attention more then the fish, if I put my hand in the tank he tries to get me lol I am sure Francois will start harassing you as well haha

carriej
02-01-2013, 02:37 PM
Hahaha! He does harass me a little bit. Sometimes I get kinda nervous because he is so enthusiastic and seems to come out of nowhere lol.

He pinches!

Never knew a shrimp could have so much personality... Lol I might get him a friend

muvinbird
02-01-2013, 03:47 PM
He´s a real beauty!

fish lady
02-01-2013, 06:58 PM
very hansom

Convict
02-01-2013, 10:23 PM
Very nice, marine shrimp are so impressive :)

carriej
02-01-2013, 10:33 PM
They are so clever... I see him do things and I am like.. Shrimp are not supposed to be that intelligent lol

RiverStone
02-04-2013, 09:16 AM
They are so clever... I see him do things and I am like.. Shrimp are not supposed to be that intelligent lol

We already know your tank has been invaded by aliens...... Maybe they have transferred their knowledge to Francois in an attempt to outwit you :P Seriously though Monsieur Francois is one very handsome shrimp. Love salt water shrimp. They are one of the reasons I would consider going salt.

carriej
02-04-2013, 09:42 AM
Kelly I was waiting for your comment!! Lol

You would love them... He is hilarious. I was never much of an invert fan but this guy is changing my mind

He seems to have figured out how to get into the sump though. He crawls into the overflow box, up the utube and gets a ride down to the sump. He hasn't done this in a few days though so maybe he's given up lol.

I was scared he was going to discover the mag pump on the other side and get turned into shrimp purée... Lol

MikeM
02-04-2013, 01:15 PM
Too cool, Carrie! I love Inverts/other little critters....I almost like my snails more than my fish sometimes :P

RiverStone
02-04-2013, 02:00 PM
Oooo extreme sports for shrimp! What a shrimpy rush, surfing to the sump :) I pictured Francois as more of a refined gentlemen but I guess he's a bit of a rebel :)