Thread: Sept/2012 Moncton Social PICS!

Sept/2012 Moncton Social PICS!

The September 2012 Moncton Social was a great success!

Once again, members from all over Atlantic Canada were there.

A HUGE thank you is owed to Kevin AKA "Sushei" for allowing ECAS and it's members to host a social at his home!

Also, Maritime Reef came out and made the social! They provided a talk on setting up a nano saltwater aquarium, as well as provided a door prize! 2 door prizes in fact!! 1 member won a 29gal marineland LED aquarium(complete kit) the other one a full year of CORAL magazine!

Without support from members like Kevin, and ECAS vendors like Maritime Reef, we wouldn't be able to hold such successful socials like we did with this one!

For those that couldn't make it, here is what you missed:

The door prize, as well as the table that Maritime Reef filled full of goodies for sale! Not to mention some live fish that members and Maritime reef brought to sell, and the other items that were given away, traded, bought and sold!
    ECAS sept 2012 social (4).JPGECAS sept 2012 social (1).JPGECAS sept 2012 social (5).JPG

Joel From Maritime Reef began his presentation. What better way to show how to do a nano marine tank, then to set one up live!

ECAS sept 2012 social (6).JPGECAS sept 2012 social (7).JPGECAS sept 2012 social (10).JPGECAS sept 2012 social (11).JPGECAS sept 2012 social (12).JPGECAS sept 2012 social (13).JPGECAS sept 2012 social (14).JPGECAS sept 2012 social (15).JPG

Quite the crowd showed up for this one!

ECAS sept 2012 social (3).JPGECAS sept 2012 social (2).JPGECAS sept 2012 social (9).JPGECAS sept 2012 social (8).JPG

The winner of the draw was member "Ruolong"

BUT, he gave his prize away to "PixelatedPaint"!!! Talk about generosity and kindness!!

And one more of the guys from Maritime Reef!

ECAS member

Looks like a great turn out. Really going to try and make the next one. Thanks again to Maritime Reef for being so generous with their door prize. Great vendors like yourself make the ECAS such a fun and exciting place to be a part of.
    Last edited by Small Fry; 09-23-2012 at 09:55 PM.

ECAS member

this was my first social i attended and hopefully not my last . nice to put a face to the forum name ........job well done to all.
    Support your local fish stores ...if you don't...you won't have them..and then it is too late to whine about it ...

ECAS member

This was my first social I attended, great crowd and Joel did a great job with his presentation! He made a saltwater tank very simplified. My wife wants a 14G SW nano tank now. I`ll see if I can make it a 29G instead of a 14. Might be a winter project for me where I never had salt before.
    90 gallon Discus community
    65 gallon tall SW under construction to be setup this fall

ECAS member

Yes Thanks to Kevin for hosting this one... also a very special thanks to all the guys from Maritime reef and reptile thanks for making salt water not so scary, I think Danette might beg to differ but it gives us an excellent start point. :)

ECAS member

Looks like fun!

ECAS member

Was great to see all those fish lovers out there,.....:-) real nice to see so many good supplies at a good price, job well done by Maritime reef, great pics Joey, this was a grat social hope to see the next one soon...:-)

ECAS member

Thanks to everyone for coming out, Sushei for hosting and Maritime Reef crew for their generosity. The entire family had a great time, my son said he had a dream of fish last night!

Super Moderator Chopper Challenge Champion

Looks like a good turn out!
    Wish I could have made it

ECAS member

It was a pleasure attending the social. Thanks to sushie for hosting along with a thanks to Joel for an excellent presentation. Lots of good advice. It's nice tp ba able to put some faces to names!

ECAS member

Had a blast! I almost wish that I had been able to stick around longer, but it was still great. It was good to see everyone and to be able to snag some new fishies! They all made it home safely :D
    125 G - Kipili F1 Frontosa and Placidochromis Phenochilus Colonies
    30 G - Low-Tech Planted

ECAS member

Sounds like a great time was had by all! Hopefully I can make the next one

Club Supporter

Glad to hear it was such a success, super jealous I wasn't able to make it though.

ECAS member

great turn out! wish I coudl ahve made it, but I was swimming with the fishies!

ECAS member

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by []V[]addog Click here to enlarge
    great turn out! wish I coudl ahve made it, but I was swimming with the fishies!
    Pictures or it didn't happen!
    125 G - Kipili F1 Frontosa and Placidochromis Phenochilus Colonies
    30 G - Low-Tech Planted

ECAS member

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sapphire Click here to enlarge
    Pictures or it didn't happen!
    ha ha,
    I dont have an underwater camera unfortunatley... :(

I coudl post the beach pic, but didn;t want to make peopel too jealous...lol

There were plenty of wrasses, tangs, damsels, i saw a baby emporer angel, some nems...
    i burnt my back, could have stayed in there all day!

Official ECAS vendor

Lol... I think its best you don't post beach pics.... lots of envious people on here such as myself :D