Thread: Flatworm treatment

ECAS member

Flatworm treatment

I have been treating my tanks for brown rust flatworms with Flatworm Solution by Precision Solutions and I've use it a few times but still have flatworms.. all be it i have less of them now, but i was wondering if i just haven't been using it right. The bottle doesn't have any indication on how long treatment should be, it just says "use until you see results" which doesn't help me at all.. but i guess what im asking is how long can i treat my tank without it having an adverse effect on my corals. I have noticed that it kills some of my micro-brittle stars everytime i dose my tanks so it is doing something, but the flatworms keep coming back.

I also realize that getting something that would eat them like a small wrasse or dottyback would be one of the best defenses against them and it is on my to-get-list

Official ECAS vendor

get a yellow wrasse or spotted mandarin. Flatworm Exit works really good, but you will loose your inverts.

ECAS member

I have heard the yellow coris wrasse to take care of flatworms.

i used flatworm exit on my last tank and did not loose any inverts. the flatworm exit does not need to be in yoru system long. i forgoet what the direction say, but is not long at all. then throw a bag of carbon in your sump after the time period has passed to absorb it. then do a water change. voila

if you are worried about your inverts you could just put them in a holding tank or somethign for a bit while you used the flatworm exit.
    no experience with te other product.

Any idea where the worms come from and what it is exactly that they eat and feed on ? Other than looking weird, do they really do any harm?

Club Supporter

They reach plague proportions and can smother coral.

I've got some too. I am guessing mine came off some frags. I don't have too many as I've been vacuuming them up - but a yellow wrasse is on my list.

ECAS Member

It seems like I will need to add a Yellow Wrasse to my list of fish to get :)

Sounds like a potential group order down the road lol