Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coral shots

Club Supporter

The corals are pretty teeny tiny yet, tank still looks pretty empty :) lol...

Hopefully will have some more stuff soon! A bit nervous about today though... Supposed to get some bad weather. Hopefully the power doesn't crap out on me.

ECAS Ambassador/Forum Moderator

Frogspawn is stunning and I really like the rest too :) All clear with the aliens? No more recent invasions?

Club Supporter

Found a creepy little starfish with too many legs. It might be a bad one, but It's staying in one place. I'll let it live until it proves harmful lol

ECAS member

Carrie .... What's your take on the Xenia??? Doesn't that stuff take over tanks?? Its very cool looking ...so Ive heard!!!
    formerly mddoucette

ECAS member

Mike, they seem to spread like wild fire I've heard. I have three 'trees' and they haven't given me problems. Ive never been fond of them but the boyfriend likes them? So I left them there. They 'fluff' right up when they get settled. Supposedly they drop pieces of themselves here and there and take root..same as button/skirt polyps. BUT, I had some stray buttons creep on a rock, and I used some redsea aptasia remover, and it did the trick! Im guessing if mine get out of hand, ill just cut the stocks out and try some redsea on the left over peice stuck on the rock, and see if it will work as good as it did on the stray button.

There's always a way of making things work :)

ECAS member

Thanks Dukey!! :)

I like them to the way they pulsate is kinda hypnotizing to watch Click here to enlarge
    formerly mddoucette

Club Supporter

They are cool; I think like with any other coral you have to decide if you like it and don't mind the potential "take over" factor. It seems like mixed results online - some take over and some don't at all. Considering mine has been in my tank the longest out of anything; and while it has grown it is definitely not taking over. If it does, it does; but it's been in there for 3 months; and it has probably doubled in size. I would like to to occupy one corner of the tank about 10 inches.

Like anything else with saltwater; I don't like impulse buying. It's why I still only have two fish lol. I try not to put anything in my tank I don't like; or wouldn't want in there long term.

However the "cool" factor of the pulsating is wicked. Mine took about 2-3 weeks to really get going; before that it would only pulse at night. Now anytime mine isn't closed up it's pulsing.

ECAS member

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by carriej Click here to enlarge
    They are cool; I think like with any other coral you have to decide if you like it and don't mind the potential "take over" factor. It seems like mixed results online - some take over and some don't at all. Considering mine has been in my tank the longest out of anything; and while it has grown it is definitely not taking over. If it does, it does; but it's been in there for 3 months; and it has probably doubled in size. I would like to to occupy one corner of the tank about 10 inches.

Like anything else with saltwater; I don't like impulse buying. It's why I still only have two fish lol. I try not to put anything in my tank I don't like; or wouldn't want in there long term.

However the "cool" factor of the pulsating is wicked. Mine took about 2-3 weeks to really get going; before that it would only pulse at night. Now anytime mine isn't closed up it's pulsing.
    Lol Far from an impulse buyer, Im suprised you dont interview each fish before you put them in your tank :P just kidding carrie its honestly a good trait to have in this hobby. Many people impulse buy and end up with things not compatible for their tanks.

ECAS Member

How do you know she doesn't interview the fish haha

Club Supporter

Yeah Todd.. LOL.. Who says I can't speak fish!?

Click here to enlarge

ECAS member

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Todd Click here to enlarge
    Lol Far from an impulse buyer, Im suprised you dont interview each fish before you put them in your tank :P just kidding carrie its honestly a good trait to have in this hobby. Many people impulse buy and end up with things not compatible for their tanks.
    Guilty.. lol I'm trying to be better this time around. But I'm a very impulsive buyer.

ECAS member

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by carriej Click here to enlarge
    Yeah Todd.. LOL.. Who says I can't speak fish!?

Click here to enlarge
    Haha I'm sure if anyone could communicate with fish it would be you lol :p really though I'm glad to see you be cautious about what goes in your tank it's a good indicator how successful your gonna be.

ECAS member

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DanMc Click here to enlarge
    Guilty.. lol I'm trying to be better this time around. But I'm a very impulsive buyer.
    Lol I'm no better bud trust me!

Great looking photos and corals/fish !

I need to get a decent camera so I can take some shots of my SW jungle Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12