Thread: POSTING PICTURES photo bucket

POSTING PICTURES photo bucket

You can upload directly to the forum... OR use photobucket.

Photobucket is free to use. If you are not familiar with it, it is simply a service that allows you to upload your pictures and store them to that site, but post them where ever you like. The best part about it, is there is no restrictions or limitations in size of your photo. You will also have complete control over your pics.

To use it, you must first have a photobucket account(which takes 30 seconds to get) Get one here:
    http://photobucket.com Once you have it, you can put as many photos on it as you like. The best part of this mod, is you can upload your pics to photobucket directly from ECAS, and then share them in the same post.

The steps:

1. you must first have a photo bucket account. If you already have one, more to the next step, if not, get one.
    2. if you are posting a new thread, the photo option is already shown. If you are replying to a thread, click "go advanced
    3. log into your account. Below the box where you type, there is a photobucket login page
    4. select or upload your pic. once you click on a pic, the URL at the bottom will change to that pic. Copy it and post it in your post wherever you want
    5. that's it.

This is a very simple process, and takes less time to do then uploading to the forum. Once you get the hang of it... its super simple.

You can now share and use photobucket right from the forum.
    Last edited by Joey; 09-02-2013 at 02:00 AM.

STEP 1:

Click on "Go advanced" if you are replying to a thread. If you are posting a new thread, this option will already be displayed.

Click here to enlarge

STEP 2:

Click here to enlarge

STEP 3:

Click the photo you want to share, then copy and paste the code below it.

Click here to enlarge

That's it!

To upload a picture to your photobucket account:

Same process. Just log into your account(unless you saved your login details)

Then click "Choose file".... once you choose the picture you want to upload... click "upload"

Then share it.

No matter what you do now, everything is only 2-3 clicks. Less then we are used to.

ECAS member

Good job I always use photobucket.
    1-130gallon 1-55 Gallon Over 100 African Cichlids, Loads of Fry, 77 gallon African species, 33 Gallon Zebra Oblequidin's

Glad you think so. :)

Super Moderator

Well, considering every time I try to set up a photobucket account it gives me an error message at the end, I can't say I am thrilled. I hope it will work eventually.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Redherring Click here to enlarge
    Well, considering every time I try to set up a photobucket account it gives me an error message at the end, I can't say I am thrilled. I hope it will work eventually.
    Go directly to their site to register. Or use a different third party host for the pics. There are many of them.

Super Moderator

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Joey Click here to enlarge
    Go directly to their site to register. Or use a different third party host for the pics. There are many of them.
    Since this site is supporting photobucket, I am not keen on using a different 3rd party site just to upload pictures here. It is still giving me error messages, no matter how I approach the site (directly or through the link here) but I will keep on trying.

ECAS Member

thanks for the directions, I now have a photobucket account

Club Supporter

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Redherring Click here to enlarge
    Same problem here...

ECAS member

I was having trouble with photo bucket about a year ago, I did eventually find a solution on google. If I recall correctly it had something to do with my cache, but don't quote me. To test this you could try using a different browser and see if things run smoother. Chrome, Firefox, etc..

ECAS member

does this mean i can no longer display pictures from my image shack account?

You can use any third party picture hosting. Anyone of them will work.

You dont have to use photo bucket, we simply have a plugin for it.

Other options are imageshack... tinypic....etc

Your choice.