Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pond thieves

ECAS Member

Can't you guys call anyone to come look at the cat situation??? Or is it just for roaming dogs??

Have you thought of grapevine netting and tossing that over?

ECAS member

I would love to try moth balls but I also have a 6 and 5 year old and as much as I trust them.... I don't Click here to enlarge
    Mya the Missing,

But the cat comes back, the very next year...

ECAS member

What is grape vine netting? in the valley I'm sure I could get some, I just go to be careful no to give the 'hunters' a perch
    Mya the Missing,

Just fine netting that is used for grapevines and is suppose to keep animals from eating the grapes. Birds can get thru the netting but it would be too hard for cats and raccoons to squeeze thru or try to catch fish thru.

ECAS member

I'll be looking for some and maybe a frame of some sort to make a dome I will WIN this year! The three amigo's will not be hunted if it's the last thing I do.... I'll get you guys a picture of them this week!
    Mya the Missing,

Ha ha hilarious! You already have an action packed summer Click here to enlarge

ECAS member

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by |v|att Click here to enlarge
    Ha ha hilarious! You already have an action packed summer Click here to enlarge
    I always do Click here to enlarge
    Mya the Missing,

Club Supporter

Moth balls will work.

Old time country remedy.

ECAS member

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ruolong Click here to enlarge
    Nothing a 12 Gauge and a flashlight cant fix ! :)
    hehe thats how we roll on this side of tha border

ECAS member

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NABOMB69 Click here to enlarge
    hehe thats how we roll on this side of tha border
    No sh#$ . If u got kids. Call wildlife control and tell them u got a coon problem. In TO we had huge highly intelligent coons. And thry were very aggressive and not afraid at all. One would be outside the house around the corner every morning. And he was big young and very aggressive. Toronto wildlife never did anything about it. I love animals and repect them. But I have kids and a wife to protect. And that raccoon woulda done the same I did to protect his kids and mate lol

ECAS member

Me I got bad raccoons and I told the gf that if I see them ever and I can get my BB gun I'm shooting it cause the city wants you to pay for traps then you gotta relocate the animals your self I'm not doing that and I got a 2 almost 3 year old son and ill be damn if I let one of them be around with my son livening with me so if it wants to live it won't come by my house him or his 11 other friends cause I'm ready for him and I got a pretty good shot

ECAS member

Bb will bounce off. Now a 3/4 in steel ball bearing and a slingshot. Hmmmmm that will hurt a ton. And they dont come back. But not dead either. Like I said I love animals. Sometimes u gotta act like one when dealing with them.

ECAS member

If u hit one in eye or mouth on inside it will hurt

ECAS member

Motion sensor that squirts water found through Lee Valley (http://www.leevalley.com/en/Garden/p...t=2,51555&ap=3).

ECAS member

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nursejanice Click here to enlarge
    Motion sensor that squirts water found through Lee Valley (http://www.leevalley.com/en/Garden/p...t=2,51555&ap=3).
    Thats a good idea!!

Club Supporter

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Guppies_pond Click here to enlarge
    If u hit one in eye or mouth on inside it will hurt
    That is simply cruel.

I grew up on a farm and have no issues dispatching nuisance wildlife or firearms. But you use an appropriate weapon for the job.

ECAS member

Ok but I don't have a real gun and when it comes down to it I'd rather be crule then to be bit by one or have my son bit by one so some can call me crule but others would call me a conserned parent and a raccoon would try and kill you if you came towards Thier babies so why is it crule if I shoot it with a BB gun cause I've tried to get ppl to come trap them and them say you have to pay for a few traps and move them your self rather then shoot with a BB gun

Club Supporter

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Guppies_pond Click here to enlarge
    Ok but I don't have a real gun and when it comes down to it I'd rather be crule then to be bit by one or have my son bit by one so some can call me crule but others would call me a conserned parent and a raccoon would try and kill you if you came towards Thier babies so why is it crule if I shoot it with a BB gun cause I've tried to get ppl to come trap them and them say you have to pay for a few traps and move them your self rather then shoot with a BB gun
    A raccoon kill a person huh? I've heard it all now.

PS - The fine for shooting an animal with a BB gun will be much much higher than having them removed or exterminated. You do realize its illegal to shoot an animal with a BB or Pellet gun right?

ECAS member

And a raccoon could kill a 2 and a half year old kid specially when you have them come in groups of 6-12 Hugh raccoons and I would fight that in court and say to a judge ya I shot it with a BB gun because the fact I called the city they told me to call one place and they place said you have to rent a trap for like 25-50 bucks a day then have to rehome it and I will get pics of them Nexted time they come to my house and u can see them or I'll Pm you and see if u can come remove them since I'm so crule but this is getting off topic so I'm gonna say lets put a end to it and can't you buy a plastic top for that pond you got to keep your fish safe

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast