Thread: Need help for location of large tank

ECAS member

Need help for location of large tank

Need a little/lot of help here for location of larger tank.

I currently have a 46 gal bowfront but want to upgrade to a 130 gal 6 ft long tank (which I already have). There is no time frame for this so no rush. Attached are some pics of my living room to show you the layout. This is about the only wall or place to put a tank this large tank without structural concerns on the floor, this is an outside wall. My plan was to put it behind and above the couch and push the couch out about two feet. It is doable and my living room is big enough, but I am not sure if I want to stick it out that far, plus it might not look right. Then maybe I thought to get a cube type tank and put it in the corner under the plant you see. I also thought about putting it in my basement, but I like the idea of having this tank in the main traffic area to see all the time. Very confused on my plan here and would like some input on people who have big tanks. Any help or suggestion, not matter how out of the box, would be appreciated.

I have a few living room pics, but don't know how to add them.

ECAS member

my house is the best place for it Click here to enlarge

ECAS Member

put the tank in the basement.

ECAS member

Not sure what your basement is like, but my plan is to put some jack posts under where my tank will sit (It's against an outside wall but better safe than sorry.) My basement is unfinished though.
    I sold my soul... for corals..