Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Basement Sump, looking for feedback

ECAS member

Holy Crap I'd Almost say you over did it a lil there, but I have read everything so far and if I had the Time and funds I would be on a project like this in a heartbeat LMAO! Love the build!

ECAS member

The luck I have. Last night I noticed a had a drip coming from one of my return bulk heads. So I tightened it. Moments later all hell broke loose and it really started to drip bad, followed by a pretty good flow. Shut off the return pump, drained some water out of the display to have a look. Seems I broke the return bulk head, it split in half. Must have tightened it too tight.

Panic ensues, until I realize that I have a spare. Whew. Replace it, and while doing so my very heavy aquarium hood falls off the tank ledge and drops down onto the other return bulk head. Guess what. Split that one too. Only noticed it when I turned back on the pump due to the pressurized water spraying all over the place.

So until I could get a replacement I fabricated basically a plug for the 2nd broken return. Turned off that return valve and am currently running only one return.

I picked up a bulk head today from North East that I think will work. It's slightly different than the other one I have but should do.

Keeping my fingers cross that it goes well.

ECAS member

On another note, my skimmer is in place and working. Nothing happening so far with regards to any skimate. I'm thinking it isn't broken in yet, and my bio load with 2 shrimp and 4 Chromis isn't a lot so there is likely not that much to pull out.

ECAS Member

My goodness you had a rough night.... Skimmers can take a few days or even a couple weeks to break in :)

ECAS member

Bulk head replaced.

For anybody wondering, the bulk heads at Northeast are better than pet store brand. I will be using these from this point on.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567