Thread: POSTING PICTURES direct upload

POSTING PICTURES direct upload

Over the last few days, i have been working on a number of things for the forum..

One was server speed, forum speed and creating more space!!

Space = room for pictures. I created enough for 250,000 pictures as a start.

With this said... Everyone can now upload pictures directly to the forum, or still use photo bucket as before. Up to you!

There is no restrictions on the dimensions of the photo.. but there is on size.
    The limit is set to 80KB per picture. The forum will automatically resize dimensions, but not the space they take.. so insure you are not trying to upload ridiculously large pictures.

If you find your photos are too big, and don't know how to resize them, use this site to do it: http://www.imageoptimizer.net

The formats of pictures accepted are .jpeg .jpg and .png

How to post pictures: http://www.eastcoastaquariumsociety....b3_attachments
    Last edited by Joey; 08-29-2013 at 04:01 PM.

Official ECAS vendor

Awe! Come on Joey!!! I really want to upload my RAW files :D. Some nice work though in all seriousness!

ECAS member

Thank you! I'll have to print these instructions or I'll forget.

ECAS member

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoelM Click here to enlarge
    Awe! Come on Joey!!! I really want to upload my RAW files :D. Some nice work though in all seriousness!
    Hey don't joke about that ... sometimes I wish people would ... nothing more frustrating trying to see the color of something when the camera misses on the white balance.

Super Moderator

Thanks Joey! You work so hard to make this forum better all the time!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoelM Click here to enlarge
    LOL.... you probably would not be surprised to see all of the 5MB pictures that were uploaded before. On shared hosting.. SURE! Unlimited storage. On VPS... we pay a premium for storage.

I still shudder when i think back to when we were "Kicked off" one of our last hosts for exceeding shared hosting limits. yuck.. PANIC!!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Hugh Click here to enlarge
    Thank you! I'll have to print these instructions or I'll forget.
    You'll get the hang of it pal. Once you do it a couple times, its a breeze!!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ritzy Click here to enlarge
    Hey don't joke about that ... sometimes I wish people would ... nothing more frustrating trying to see the color of something when the camera misses on the white balance.
    Most will never set a custom white balance with grey card to shoot their fish. Most dont have a camera that can do that in the first place. ;)

BIG pictures dont just take up space... they make pages load ridiculously slow. Which i think for me, is my biggest annoyance. I have an attention span of about 2.5 seconds. Anything above and beyond that, i dont want to see it anymore. LOL

ECAS Member

Thanks for all of your hard work... my second photobucket account is almost filled up so now I can just upload to the forum again hehe

ECAS member

I went to the link posted optimized my pic and it still says its 341kb, what does that mean, too big to post?
    ​ DIRTY 4 LIFE
    Once you go dirt, you never go back!!!!!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Goldie Click here to enlarge
    I went to the link posted optimized my pic and it still says its 341kb, what does that mean, too big to post?
    yes, the limit is 80kb

You might need to optimize that pic twice. Im assuming it must have been massive to begin with.

ECAS member

for some reason I can't upload a profil pic :S is it because its too big or just a glitch? and would like to change my username too

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by caroleplourde Click here to enlarge
    for some reason I can't upload a profil pic :S is it because its too big or just a glitch? and would like to change my username too
    Both your avatar and profile pic cannot be bigger than 150X150px and 50kb.

The only reason an avatar will not upload is due to size. Follow the size requirements and you will not have an issue.

There is no option to change user names. Once i change one persons, im flooded with requests and no one remembers anyone.