Thread: Help......... Moving Large Tank!

Owner

Help......... Moving Large Tank!

Saturday morning, I am headed over to Bedford to pick up a new to me tank.....and well its not little! While those that have met me know how incredibly huge and buff I am....I am afraid I cannot move this tank myself hehe I was wondering if there are any ECAS'ers out there that might be interested in giving me a hand...I would be forever grateful :D

I am thinking Sat am...9 or 10ish depending on availability. If there's any chance you can make it, pop me off a PM!
    ..` A woman needs a man like a fish needs a net. ..`

ECAS member

Wish I was a big strong guy, i wouldve loved to help.

how large is this tank?

28g Flatback Hex = Community FW
    55g = Community FW

Club Supporter

Damn I am heading back to Pictou county this Friday afternoon, I'll be back in the city Saturday, but likely later than you need.

PM me your number and if I get back at a decent time I can call you and see if you still need help.

Owner

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by samdwitch Click here to enlarge
    Wish I was a big strong guy, i wouldve loved to help.

how large is this tank?
    Advertised as 160 Gallon, but when I run the measurements through any aquarium calculators says it 175 Gallons....either way I know I can't move it myself haha

Also if there is anyone along the way to Bedford, I don't mind picking them up to save the drive!

Owner

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nuggs Click here to enlarge
    Damn I am heading back to Pictou county this Friday afternoon, I'll be back in the city Saturday, but likely later than you need.

PM me your number and if I get back at a decent time I can call you and see if you still need help.
    PM sent!

ECAS member

Where are you picking the tank up at? I have to be in Bedford for 10 to shop with my brother and sister at Pete's Frootique. Will be shopping there for about an hour or so. Could meet you earlier or later in front of the shop if that works for you?

Club Supporter

Good luck with the move. I'll be in the area Saturday but most likely not that early. I'm about as buff as you are anyway Stacey. LOL

ECAS member

I may be in Bedford around 12 noon - 1:00

Owner

SO I was a bit wrong, the tank is to be picked up in Halifax, but I will stopping in Bedford on the the way at 8:30 am....this will be a fun drive with lots of coffee lol

Owner

After a much longer than anticipated day, I finally made it home safe and sound with my new to me tank!

I would like to send a huge thank you out to a couple of our wonderful ECAS members!

Smallfry......thank you for being so patient after I got lost, and not making me feel silly about it lol It was a huge detour, and I am sure, not how you were planning to spend you day! I quite enjoyed catching up and the fishy chat!......so if I had to get lost at least I was in good company :) And so so sorry!

Robverge......thanks so much for your guidance! Had you not shown up, I probably wouldn't be home yet..and Smallfry's poor wife would probably think I kidnapped him :) But not only did you and your lovely wife, guide us to where we needed to go, but you also took the time to make sure we were back where we needed to be after the tank was loaded........and I truly appreciate that.

You all took time out of your day, and stood out in that yucky cold to help me out.......and I truly do appreciate it! I owe you all big time!!! I don't even feel like I can truly express how grateful I am over written words......Thank you, Thank you, Tank you :)

Club Supporter

Sorry I couldn't help Stacey. I didn't make it back until 6.

Good job everyone that helped her out.

ECAS Member

Awesome... glad that you got the help and the tank... we have a pretty great forum over here :)

Owner

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nuggs Click here to enlarge
    Sorry I couldn't help Stacey. I didn't make it back until 6.

Good job everyone that helped her out.
    Don't worry about it at, I totally appreciate you reaching out in the first place :)....and i know people have plans too and its all good !

Owner

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Convict Click here to enlarge
    Awesome... glad that you got the help and the tank... we have a pretty great forum over here :)

Its true!

ECAS member

good to hear you managed to load it! did your neighbors back in pei help unload it?

28g Flatback Hex = Community FW
    55g = Community FW

ECAS member

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Staceym Click here to enlarge
    After a much longer than anticipated day, I finally made it home safe and sound with my new to me tank!

I would like to send a huge thank you out to a couple of our wonderful ECAS members!

Smallfry......thank you for being so patient after I got lost, and not making me feel silly about it lol It was a huge detour, and I am sure, not how you were planning to spend you day! I quite enjoyed catching up and the fishy chat!......so if I had to get lost at least I was in good company :) And so so sorry!

Robverge......thanks so much for your guidance! Had you not shown up, I probably wouldn't be home yet..and Smallfry's poor wife would probably think I kidnapped him :) But not only did you and your lovely wife, guide us to where we needed to go, but you also took the time to make sure we were back where we needed to be after the tank was loaded........and I truly appreciate that.

You all took time out of your day, and stood out in that yucky cold to help me out.......and I truly do appreciate it! I owe you all big time!!! I don't even feel like I can truly express how grateful I am over written words......Thank you, Thank you, Tank you :)
    Just a little of what Christmas is all about Stacey! Glad you made it safely. That tank will look awesome when you have it set up ... the 3d background looked very cool.

ECAS member

It was fun getting lost with you Stacey LOLOL and great to see you again Rob :)

ECAS Ambassador/Forum Moderator

Glad to hear everything went smoothly (well sort of....... :P) It's great to hear so many stories of everyone helping each other out :) Can't wait for update pictures, you always make such beautiful tanks :)