Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A very sad night for me

Club Supporter

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Guppies_pond Click here to enlarge
    im trying to recover but im looking to find African cichlids and posted a add looking for some when I get the tank recycled and running for atleast a week but no replies and im starting to loose hope of recovery from this point
    If you don't have fish, you can't "recycle" the tank. Unless your dosing with ammonia

ECAS member

im tank sponge filters that was used in the old tank and squeezing theem out and the waste from the 305 and squeezing that out all into the new tank to see if that will help after a week

ECAS member

maybe you should empty it, scrub it out really well, clean the substrate, rock and decorations really good, and start from scratch, you will kill all the beneficial bacteria as well as the bad bacteria, but then re-cycle it using someone elses filters and just put some cheap fish in it, till you get it stabalized. im not sure what else to say, but seems how you pretty much lost all your fish already, might as well try. i also dont think wc would be that benificial right now, at the rate they died there is something very strong in the water, and my guess is it isnt leaving with wc, even ammonia and nitrates it takes more than a hr to kill 40 fish, anything that can kill that many fish that fast isnt gonna just was away.

Club Supporter

im tank sponge filters that was used in the old tank and squeezing theem out and the waste from the 305 and squeezing that out all into the new tank to see if that will help after a week
    That will not work!

You need new sources of ammonia to keep the bacteria going.
    You either need live fish in a tank to cycle it, or you need to add small doses of ammonia.

Super Moderator

No, same explanation as i mentioned with the 305. Seeding the tank is the same as using an established filter , if there are no fish there is no ammonia, if there is no ammonia it wont matter how much bacteria gets introduced it just dies.
    My Aquariums *Updated Feb. 2016
    180g- Scleropages aureus
    100g- 4x Channa Pleurophthalma , 1x Erpetoichthys Calabaricus, 2x Synodontis Eupterus, Polypterus ssp.'s Lapradei, Delhezi,Ornatipinnis ,Endlicheri & Angsorii x2
    160g- Carettochelys Insculpta
    100g- Pair Channa Aurantimaculata,
    80g 1x Channa Aurantimaculata (for sale...inquire)
    70g- Solo Channa Asiatica,
    30g- 1x Channa Gachua (for sale ... Inquire)
    35g- 3x Channa Gachua,
    35g- Pair of Channa Bleheri
    25g- 3x Channa Bleheri

ECAS member

When I set my 125 gal. up last month.I first washed it with vinegar and rinsed.I put in two new bags of substrate and the old substrate "unrinsed",wood and a dirty 110 filter from the 55 gal.I added a new API Filstar XL filter filled the tank with warm dechlor. water.Squeezed the sponge near the new filter intake.Then waited 2-3hours for it to clear some ,then put 17 red-line torpedo barbs and 4 xl discus and a few BNP's.No problems so far.So sorry you last your fish.I know the feeling of defeat,but hang in there.Things will get better.
    I like discus cause discus like me.

ECAS member

Thanks Devonc said they he could help me out with a lil but of stock if someone's planing on going that way and back here or from thier to here I'd be gretfull to you if you could bring them

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234