Thread: Coral banded shrimp behaviour...

Club Supporter

Coral banded shrimp behaviour...

We've had the coral banded shrimp for a few weeks now, and are very glad that we decided to get it(actually it was a spur of the moment decition, wasn't even on the want list).
    But have a question since I was a bit worried at first what it would do with the corals(a worry without a cause as it seems).
    This is what he/she has done every evening before we turn out the lights from day one:
    Do a sweep for food, then do a VERY gentle search of the flower looking coral(wich I'll never learn the name of), then the toadstool(just as gently), then go to his night cave.
    This behavior is strange enough, but he never checks the coral that's on the same rock as the toadstool?

It's like he make sure that those corals is doing really fine and dont give a damned about the third one.

As the stool been under the weather the latest days he checked that one a couple of times a day.

Club Supporter

Hmm, interesting. I wish I could see my shrimp. :( I got a goby and pistol shrimp on Saturday and they both promptly went under a rock at the back of my tank and haven't came out. I saw their heads peaking out when I fed frozen food yesterday but that is it. Little buggers.

ECAS Member

It's a palm tree clove polyp coral hehe... hard to forget the name, they do look like palm trees. I have no idea about the shrimp behavior... always had fish that ate them so never had all that many inverts

Club Supporter

We'll never regret that we got this one, he's really the one that makes the tank.
    And how he eats!
    Don't know where he puts it away,but he really shovel it in.
    And he's so active, checks everything out when the lights go on, slowly does the watch around the tank as day pass, then really stuffs back food at feeding time, after that cruising around for a final checkup before lights out.