Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do YOU want to see happen with ECAS?

Administrator

What do YOU want to see happen with ECAS?

Hello ECAS!

Us girls have been really struggling the past little while, trying to learn how to run a forum, trying to learn HTML and simply just ensuring that the forum runs smoothly. We are totally new at this, and we thank you for your patience! I THINK we are getting the gist of it – maybe… :)

We really want to turn the direction of ECAS to a more involved state. Having a forum is nice, but things like socials, meet and greets, auctions, etc are what keep a club interesting and what keeps the hobby exciting.

Obviously, these things take two things a lot of us run out of quickly - time and money! Right now, we are in the process of fine tuning our TOS to ensure that we can bring vendors on board. From there, we are hoping we can secure some funds in the ECAS account as we can’t financially support things like socials, auctions, etc on our own. We are just regular people like yourself, who love fish!

However we want to hear from you! We want to hear what your ideal club would be, and what you would like to see happen, whether it’s a huge once-a-year auction or what have you. We need to know what the ECAS community wants to see!

ECAS member

Auctions sound good! It also be neat to get more people into the form as that's what makes things pick up!! More people mean more involvement ! People need to suggest the form to friends or other people who may not have much interest in the hobby or forms but tell them to check it out anyways because it took about 6 people to get me to sign up !! And I think it's great for knowledge and also helps people socialize somewhat about Thor tank issues etc!! people make things happen! So get the name out there!!

ECAS member

It would be cool if thier was a section for auctions so u could bid on fish and other aquarium related stuff cause most people can't always make it to the auctions or meet and greets and this would give people the chance to bid on stuff that people are looking to sell and plus i think it would bring some fun to the forum cause everyone likes a good old bidding war lol

ECAS member

I think more face to face meetups are a big part of what would help make things more engaging! This doesn't always need to even be aquatic stuff at the meetups. It could be as simple as booking a large table at a local bar/restraunt and just getting together and talking about the hobby over some fine beverages!

Sidenote: If I wanted to donate to ECAS (since I'm on here pretty regularly now) how would I go about doing that?) I didn't see any donation buttons etc on the site so you should try and make a more visible, but non intrusive (ie only on the home page or something) donation link and I am sure more people would toss a buck or two towards the cause! I know I will!

Super Moderator

I would love to see more socials, not necessarily big ones, just more chances to get to know each other. I would also love to see the article section back, as that was something I was really sad to see go. I think its demise has lead to people asking some of the same questions over and over, meaning some folks are repeating themselves a lot, or are directing people to outside sources.

I too am eager to be able to donate and help out the club/forum. You three are doing a great job! Don't forget there are other people able to help out in areas that you might be overwhelmed by.

ECAS member

I think you girls are doing a fine job! When I joined a few months ago I believe you were in the transition period, and I hardly noticed to tell you the truth. To an outsider coming into the club it wasnt obvious that there was anything out of the ordinary going on. Good work :)

I am also interested in how to donate to the club, I would be glad to toss in a few bucks a year, or however it works.

And while were talking about socials again, Im pretty sure I could wrangle the fire department hall here in Aylesford for cheap-if-not-free if we could work out a date when it wasnt already booked. Let me know and I can ask about it and when it would be available. Lots of room, plenty of tables and chairs (swap and sell?), and a good friend of mine just so happened to start a cafe up in our little town, and would love to cater to us in whatever way we'd like. We could hash it out here or send me a pm if there is any interest.
    125g. Jaguar pair.... 75g. Jaguar male....
    45g. L002 Pleco pair.... 30g. Danios....
    55g. Iridescent shark.... 33g. Marble crayfish....
    6x20g. Shrimp/Guppies/Breeding/Fry....

Club Supporter

bah double post

Club Supporter

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MoxVoid Click here to enlarge
    I think more face to face meetups are a big part of what would help make things more engaging! This doesn't always need to even be aquatic stuff at the meetups. It could be as simple as booking a large table at a local bar/restraunt and just getting together and talking about the hobby over some fine beverages!

Sidenote: If I wanted to donate to ECAS (since I'm on here pretty regularly now) how would I go about doing that?) I didn't see any donation buttons etc on the site so you should try and make a more visible, but non intrusive (ie only on the home page or something) donation link and I am sure more people would toss a buck or two towards the cause! I know I will!
    I love the idea, just meeting up over coffee and discussing tanks.

http://www.eastcoastaquariumsociety....=ecassupporter thats the supporter link

Club Supporter

I'm assuming you can send money via Paypal to eastcoastaquariumsociety10@gmail.com

ECAS member

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sawdust82 Click here to enlarge
    I think you girls are doing a fine job! When I joined a few months ago I believe you were in the transition period, and I hardly noticed to tell you the truth. To an outsider coming into the club it wasnt obvious that there was anything out of the ordinary going on. Good work :)

I am also interested in how to donate to the club, I would be glad to toss in a few bucks a year, or however it works.

And while were talking about socials again, Im pretty sure I could wrangle the fire department hall here in Aylesford for cheap-if-not-free if we could work out a date when it wasnt already booked. Let me know and I can ask about it and when it would be available. Lots of room, plenty of tables and chairs (swap and sell?), and a good friend of mine just so happened to start a cafe up in our little town, and would love to cater to us in whatever way we'd like. We could hash it out here or send me a pm if there is any interest.

I also joined not long ago and did not notice anything strange, I don't post a lot but I'm here everyday at least two or three times just to see whats going on. I would like a confirmation on the link that nuggs posted. I'll donate, especially if it's as easy as Paypal.

I wouldn't mind a gathering in Aylesford. It's been a long time since I've been there and it's just enough of an excuse to drive all the way from Cape Breton to see the Lions and Tigers and Bear (RIP).

ECAS member

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nuggs Click here to enlarge
    I love the idea, just meeting up over coffee and discussing tanks.

http://www.eastcoastaquariumsociety....=ecassupporter thats the supporter link

Thanks nuggs! I just donated! Back to my original point though that link should be a large bold button somewhere! :P

ECAS member

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 69maritime Click here to enlarge
    ...I wouldn't mind a gathering in Aylesford. It's been a long time since I've been there and it's just enough of an excuse to drive all the way from Cape Breton to see the Lions and Tigers and Bear (RIP).
    See? We have a zoo here too, puts us on the map Click here to enlarge

ECAS member

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MoxVoid Click here to enlarge
    Thanks nuggs! I just donated! Back to my original point though that link should be a large bold button somewhere! :P
    I gotta learn to read closer! Just donated myself.

ECAS member

Dang, I dont have paypal anymore. May have to get that goin again...

Has there ever been any talk of a lifetime membership?

Super Moderator

Oh, and to add to my comment earlier, photo contests or something like them. I love looking at people's tanks and fish and inverts, it is one of my favourite things, so that is probably one of my biggest wishes!

ECAS member

To raise a bit of money for the club,we could always bring back the small fee and some perks to join as a paid member.Perks being,able to post in the for sale section and get PU to bring back their shopping night discount for club members(plus be a bit more nicer to them\employees).Just a thought.....
    I like discus cause discus like me.

ECAS member

As I posted on the Facebook group, I'd love to see the ECAS return to being a fully functional society, not just in name only. At one point, when ECAS was an actual aquarium club it grew to become the largest in the country with around 250-275 real members, not just forum participants. No reason why it couldn't become a real club again. I'd fully support that as I'm sure many that participate on this forum would as well.
    Windsor Cichlid & Catfish Group

Video and blog updates on my site - J's Aquaria

ECAS member Snake Champion Asteroids Champion

I agree with auctions whether they are online or in person....Gets the sell who doesnt always know what to list things for the best bang for their buck. Also fun competing for something you want
    My parents wont let me get any more tanks

ECAS member

I would be so interested in meeting a lot of you face to face! If there is ever a meet up, even just for coffee and discuss tanks like Nuggs said, you can count my ugly mug there!
    And thanks for posting the supporter link, times are tight but I will throw a few bucks here and there towards the club. I have only been involved for a little while and I find myself here at least 2-3 times a day, and you all have been instrumental to me handling problems/questions given my inexperience.
    Also I love the idea of an auction!
    66 gallon planted community

Club Supporter

Thanks guys!

As always we take everything into consideration :)

This is your club too, and we want everyone to have fun. Face to face is really important, I think the last ECAS "social" I was at was the one hosted here at my place the summer before last. So we are definitely due for some in person fun!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast