Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What do YOU want to see happen with ECAS?

Owner

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MyFishBite Click here to enlarge
    Also if you can get a hall for free for an auction just get the right permit and make sure there is lots of advertising for public to come as well. Private Ecas auction is good but does not make the money a public one would this aquarium society needs to go more public as most probably do not even know it exists.
    As for the auction it is a lot of work, it seems to be a hot topic these days. I will create a post inviting ECAS members to Chat on Sunday to talk out details. We can talk about ideas anyone might have, discus location, where the items for auction are coming from, date etc etc...

For something like this I do prefer to keep it private to ECAS and of course they have always been welcome to bring guests....I know I would prefer for all the items for trade, auction or sale to go to ECAS members! Maybe I am the only one that thinks that way, could be wrong haha. A public auction could potentially make more money, but thats not really the purpose. All things we can chat about Sunday night!
    Last edited by Staceym; 01-24-2015 at 02:44 AM.
    ¤°.¸¸.•´¯`» A woman needs a man like a fish needs a net. ¤°.¸¸.•´¯`»

Owner

So to try and address both parts….

1) While pay pal may not be conventional for everyone, there has only been a couple of cases where people could not use the option, they were able to reach out to me to make alternative arrangements. This option through the site allows for automation of the supporter functions….so ideally it is the way to go.

2) I do agree there could be more advertising for ECAS however an auction is not where I would like to do it. Lets say we had a social where people mingle, talk, perhaps guest speakers etc…..I have no beef opening to the public the more the merrier! An auction however requires a lot of planning, donations and money……I would prefer the members of ECAS to benefit from this….like I said before though, that is just how I see it and something that can be openly discussed on Sunday night in chat.
    ¤°.¸¸.•´¯`» A woman needs a man like a fish needs a net. ¤°.¸¸.•´¯`»

ECAS member

I did have an idea for next year....secret santa :D
    |Discus|Angelfish|Cardinal Tetras|
    "When in doubt, do a water change."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123