Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do YOU want to see happen with ECAS?

ECAS member

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by carriej Click here to enlarge
    Thanks guys!

As always we take everything into consideration :)

This is your club too, and we want everyone to have fun. Face to face is really important, I think the last ECAS "social" I was at was the one hosted here at my place the summer before last. So we are definitely due for some in person fun!
    I think everyone likes the meet up for a casual drink idea as a preemptive measure to get to meet everyone. So why doesn't someone just set a time/place/date and we can make it real! It would really only take calling ahead with a rough number to a local restraunt/cafe/bar to make sure there was table space! :D

ECAS member

:( Sucks to be new in a community.. however, it's never too late to get to know others I suppose. :) I agree on the casual drink idea at like a restaurant or such, or even pub, cafe, etc... Just my suggestions on this.

ECAS member

I would like to see a link to the top of the current page on the header of every post instead of just one link at the bottom of the page. Not a big deal, just a thought

10g Cherry & Crystal Black Shrimp//33g Guppy Tank//33g setup for Green Terror//33g setup for Tequila Fish//33g Blood Red & Green Jewel
    55g Mbuna Cichlid//29g QT//55g Heckel's Thread-Finned Acara//46g Apistogramma Panduro//90g Angel & BNP​//​120g Saltwater//120g Fresh Water Community

ECAS member

I was part of a forestry forum at one point years ago, and they had a button to show you all the threads you started or have replied to in the past. It was nice, because you could bring up all your old posts and see easily which ones might be in need of an update or have been replied to recently. Ive missed out on part of one of my threads before for a couple days because I somehow missed it on the day someone else replied to it. Not a big deal by any means (and my own fault ha ha), but would be sweet if it could be added easily...
    125g. Jaguar pair.... 75g. Jaguar male....
    45g. L002 Pleco pair.... 30g. Danios....
    55g. Iridescent shark.... 33g. Marble crayfish....
    6x20g. Shrimp/Guppies/Breeding/Fry....

Club Supporter

Lorne, I am not sure if that one is possible but I will look into it.

Sawdust, you can find that information by clicking on your username and in your profile clicking "Find latest started threads" or "find latest posts" It's hard to see, but it's there. It says "latest" but it will show about 5 pages, which in my case is about a year of started threads. I will also look to see if there's a way to view more.

ECAS member

been a few years since i ran a forum but i am pretty sure it is a check-able option with vBulletin...
    Also, would you be interested in coming up with a new membership id or something. As a new member i would not mind having one... Also, what about other ecas swag? Stickers, t-shirts, hats etc

10g Cherry & Crystal Black Shrimp//33g Guppy Tank//33g setup for Green Terror//33g setup for Tequila Fish//33g Blood Red & Green Jewel
    55g Mbuna Cichlid//29g QT//55g Heckel's Thread-Finned Acara//46g Apistogramma Panduro//90g Angel & BNP​//​120g Saltwater//120g Fresh Water Community

Club Supporter

It is not a checkable option with the version we are using that I can find, but I will continue to look.

We did membership IDs in the past, and to be completely honest it was a lot of work for one person to do with mailing, etc. We then switched to an online, printable version that happened automatically as people registered, and we are trying to figure out what happened with that or how to set it up again.

As far as tshirts go, we have a store.. It's under Club Info/Gear.

ECAS member

Id like to see trader ratings like a lot of other sites have. I use this site mostly for the FS posts and otherwise dont post a lot. While many of the people Ive bought fish from or sold fish to are very honest, unfortunately Ive driven great distances to meet people who were are a no show or decided to sell their fish to someone else or have jacked a price up after theyve comitted to a deal. There should be a benefit for being an honest trader and if youre not you should suffer the consequence of a bad trader rating. Could help lfs owners know who they can count on when they place an order. They dont like getting stiffed either. The honor system only works for honorable people. I already have a long list of very awesome traders on here. The majority are.

ECAS member

I like that idea, kind of like ebay feedback...

ECAS member

Ya I'm in favor of that idea as well!!:)

Club Supporter

I don't think I've ever had a bad FS interaction with an ECAS member. Kijiji however ...

Super Moderator Chopper Challenge Champion

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by prestonm Click here to enlarge
    Id like to see trader ratings like a lot of other sites have. I use this site mostly for the FS posts and otherwise dont post a lot. While many of the people Ive bought fish from or sold fish to are very honest, unfortunately Ive driven great distances to meet people who were are a no show or decided to sell their fish to someone else or have jacked a price up after theyve comitted to a deal. There should be a benefit for being an honest trader and if youre not you should suffer the consequence of a bad trader rating. Could help lfs owners know who they can count on when they place an order. They dont like getting stiffed either. The honor system only works for honorable people. I already have a long list of very awesome traders on here. The majority are.

Its a great idea, but I think it would be a huge headache. If there was a bad or neutral feedback left for someone, they would probably want to fight it. Then the mods have to take sides. Stories might be different and grudges could be made over time. Feedback could be abused (like it is on eBay and amazon sometimes). I have been a long term member and dealt with many ecas members over the years. Never a bad transaction. I have been a seller of my own goods, a vendor for a store and a buyer of supplies from others.

Once again, its a great idea, but I don't feel its necessary for this site. But that is just my opinion.

Club Supporter

Tom's right.

We had this feature before, and honestly it's just another thing to have to moderate. We know that the for sale forum is extremely popular, and we see some members don't even post in the forum they just use the for sale portion. While this would create a bit of a "trust" it's honestly just not worth the trouble. Huge websites with many users can get away with it because it's not personal.

However, here on ECAS we all pretty much know each other, so it's not EcasUser2003 ticked me off, it's more like "Darn, that Tom guy is a real jerk! He didn't tell me that this fish couldn't handle 500000ppm of nitrates!" (although, if I know Tom... He would tell you that, but you get my drift).

It would turn into something nasty pretty quick. Plus, we don't have time to try and figure out who's being honest and who isn't if there is a sour transaction. We want to remain a neutral party when it comes to selling personal things and we are not responsible to ensure that people get what they think they're getting. It is your responsibility as a buyer or seller to ensure that you're selling the right item and that it's what you say it is, and it's the buyers responsibility to do their research and/or inspect whatever they're buying and make sure it's what they want.

Super Moderator Chopper Challenge Champion

Great to be used as an example. I can't say that I have said a fish couldn't handle 500000ppm of nitrates. I assume that is common sense, but I guess you never know haha. I'm not even sure if it is physically possible to have that much nitrates...

ECAS member

trading ratings seem to work elsewhere. if theres a dispute usually bpth parties put a short explanation in and the reader decides what risks they may or may not wish to take. not sure why thered be lots of moderation. there isnt on any other site im a member of in that regard.

ECAS member

Newbee here :)... I just came along and I would just like to say what a savior this site and its members have been! :)... I have no issues about donating, but some may not be able to pay a membership... and that may deter some from joining... the auction would be too cool :)... with some proceeds going to the club... though I am new please let me know how to help :)... trying to donate right now but my connection is bloody slow :(

ECAS member

we as a forum are attracting a lot of GREAT PEOPLE. Its a family affair so its nice to meet; even if we had meetings in peoples homes. Show off the tanks, talk about issues that are of concern. I love seeing other peoples tanks in pictures; I bet they are even more beautiful in person. Tea and coffee is all that would be needed. yes/no?
    But it wasn't my fault teacher, my fish ate my homework

ECAS member

I would be all in favor of an auction!! Also something I would love to see is more hobbists from pei or Newfoundland on here since they seem pretty scarce!! It's mostly Nova Scotia and newbrunswick which makes us newfies and potato heads so isolated on the form!!

ECAS member

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Apoorfarmer Click here to enlarge
    Newbee here :)... I just came along and I would just like to say what a savior this site and its members have been! :)... I have no issues about donating, but some may not be able to pay a membership... and that may deter some from joining... the auction would be too cool :)... with some proceeds going to the club... though I am new please let me know how to help :)... trying to donate right now but my connection is bloody slow :(
    You dont need to donate to become a member, but it gives you a few more options on the forum than you would have otherwise. Helps the owners out with some of the expenses :)

Owner

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MyFishBite Click here to enlarge
    You can send money via E-TRANSFER AS WELL but there should be an actual bank account set up in the clubs name just gives more payment options.
    Just to clarify, if anyone is wanting to sign up to be an ECAS Supporter please do use the option for "Club Support" listed under "Club info" at the top. Please don't send money via EMT! Also curious on what is meant by having a bank account and the payment options it provides?
    Last edited by Staceym; 01-24-2015 at 02:43 AM.
    ¤°.¸¸.•´¯`» A woman needs a man like a fish needs a net. ¤°.¸¸.•´¯`»

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast