Thread: Water changes upswing prime

ECAS member

Water changes upswing prime

Hello everyone I was wondering about when doing water changes if I could just use Prime Aquarium Water Conditioner when doing my weekly changes or would I have to use other chemicals it's a African cichlid tank it's 125 gallon

ECAS member

That's all I use and I have never had a problem
    75 Gal Planted High Tech

ECAS member

Cool so that will take care of anything that would cause my fish from dying when doing water changes thanks doug

ECAS member

So I just orderd a 2L of prime conditioner to get rid of the chlorine and other stuff that maybe in my tank that will harm my fish when I do water changes. Hope this stuffs good like people tell me

Super Moderator

It works very well. If you want the same effect for even less money, you could try the concentrated version, Safe. The 2L bottle should last you a while though!

ECAS member

Thanks I hope it does I had to get it it was just a good deal I couldn't pass it up

ECAS member

If you want to go real cheap,you can always go to Bebbington Ind.44 Wright Ave., Burnside.The only thing that needs to be removed in city water is Chlorine.Sodium Thiosulfate is only $20/kg.Enough to last many,many years.I use 1 crystal per 5 gal. of water.Safe and cheap;I've been using it for 10 years now.I do lots of large frequent water changes in 3 large tanks and glad I found out about that stuff,it has literally saved me hundreds of $$$$$.
    I like discus cause discus like me.

ECAS member

Really thanks I'll remember that as for the prime it seems to take care of a few things so I'll use it and if I get to low on it I'll remember that place and try it thanks blue lagoon

ECAS member

Hello I was just wondering if I am using prime in my tank and it says to use one capful for every hundred gallons and I do a 50 gallon water change I was just wondering it wouldn't hurt my fish if I use one capful or should I just use half of that

ECAS member

Either way it won't hurt the fish
    5000 gallon koi pond, 2500 & 750 gallon holding tanks,

ECAS member

Thanks graham

Banned

Carbon removes chlorine as well, many people overlook the simple solution of just simply putting a filter on their sink.

There are filters that hook right up to your tap that cost 15-50 dollars and there are ones that hook right up under your sink from 50-1000's of dollars or ones that go right inline to your hot water tank that cost lost of money as well.

The only time I have really even used the chemicals is in my first initial set up/fill of my tank after that I would only use the chemical if I did anything over a 25% water change as the carbon in my filter always was enough to remove the chlorine

http://www.thewaterexchange.net/fluo...er-filters.htm
    http://www.aquasafecanada.com/water-filtration-systems/

the ones that go under your sink would only need to be replaced maybe 1-5 years depending on the usage.