Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jebao RW-8 First Impressions

ECAS member

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Guppies_pond Click here to enlarge
    I was think about getting rw-60 it's around same price on amazon
    You mean wp60? Rw-20 is the most powerful rw model...I have it on 4 outta 10 in a 8ft tank lol
    500 gallon fowlr tank

Scrubber lover #2

ECAS member

No bailie theirs a rw60 it's for 5300 gph check on amazon

ECAS member

No bailie theirs a rw60 it's for 5300 gph check on amazon
    Ya its the american version...same as Japanese rw20...dunno why
    500 gallon fowlr tank

Scrubber lover #2

ECAS member

Oh ok gf might buy me a set of twin jebao rw20 or the most powerfull ones for my tank lol for my bday an because it's for my fish tanks Christmas too lol

ECAS member

Oh man lol these 2 of these would be insane LOL this one moves sand in the other end of my 8ft tank
    500 gallon fowlr tank

Scrubber lover #2

ECAS member

Lol but as you know it's better to go big or go home so I try and get the best the first time unless I don't have the money at the time and will take a bit to get then I just get whatever and replace it with the best when I can

Club Supporter

Highest gallon per hour rating is not equal to best, in this case. Depending on your tank size it might be more appropriate to choose a lower powered pump. There is hardly any difference in the price between the models. I think the dual package for the biggest model might be $60 dollars more than the most powerful model. So only $30 more per powerhead from the base model to the most powerful.

If you put dual rw20s on any tank, it's going to push over 10,000 GPH of water around.

If you manage to keep all the water in the tank I would be surprised LOL

With 4200 GPH of water moving around in my 6 foot tank, I have slopped water over the edge if I am not careful. W1 setting is bad for water sloshing, as is C mode.

But it is your tank and you could put 20,000 GPH on there if you wish :)

Just don't say we didn't warn you ;)

ECAS member

Lol take a video
    500 gallon fowlr tank

Scrubber lover #2

ECAS member

Lol ok thanks I just find when you skip out on a few bucks it ends up costing you much much more in the long run lol

ECAS member

Lol ok thanks I just find when you skip out on a few bucks it ends up costing you much much more in the long run lol
    True story...go big :)
    500 gallon fowlr tank

Scrubber lover #2

Banned

I like these, but they just do not have the look I want. I like to keep as much as I can hidden.Having cords hanging in my tank just bothers me big time, That is why I am saving to get a pair of Vortech MP10's

Club Supporter

I think AFK has a used pair of MP40s up for sale

ECAS member

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Crowndroyal Click here to enlarge
    I like these, but they just do not have the look I want. I like to keep as much as I can hidden.Having cords hanging in my tank just bothers me big time, That is why I am saving to get a pair of Vortech MP10's
    I had some vortech mp40s and they are loud as hell...these jebaos are quiet I have my cranked and half time have to see if its running
    500 gallon fowlr tank

Scrubber lover #2

Banned

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nuggs Click here to enlarge
    I think AFK has a used pair of MP40s up for sale
    How much ? Is it significant enough to not buy MP10's ?

I figured the MP10's would work well enough for anything I am gonna have until the fiance and I buy a house and I get my 500 gallon

Banned

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Baillie Click here to enlarge
    I had some vortech mp40s and they are loud as hell...these jebaos are quiet I have my cranked and half time have to see if its running
    that's the problem with jebaos though there are cords hanging inside the tank and to me it just looks awful.I like to keep cords out of my tank for the looks and that "just in case" rarity of something going wrong with the electrical.

I even plum in my jager heaters inline to my canister filters so there are no cords inside.

Club Supporter

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Baillie Click here to enlarge
    Yeah I do find the MP40s loud.

My Jebao are great.

But my new Maxspect Gyre is getting unboxed tonight.

New tank is half full.

Club Supporter

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Crowndroyal Click here to enlarge
    How much ? Is it significant enough to not buy MP10's ?

I figured the MP10's would work well enough for anything I am gonna have until the fiance and I buy a house and I get my 500 gallon
    Half price? $425 tax in for the pair, I think.

Banned

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nuggs Click here to enlarge
    Half price? $425 tax in for the pair, I think.
    that does sound enticing, but you both have me second guessing them now as you say they are loud, are they loud even on the lowest settings ? as all I am gonna be using them for is to make sure there is no dead spots in my aquarium.

EG: behind some of my rock work etc.

Club Supporter

I found all of the vortechs load compared to my jebaos

Club Supporter

Well I thought I should update this. Last week, I started having issues with one of my jebaos. Initially, it seemed to be a but of communication problem between the two. Then I got it working again.

Then, the controller kept flickering and eventually went out, minus the slave/master buttons and the mode. I managed to get the powerhead working for about a day by putting it in slave mode, but then it quit again.

I only bought these in September, so I contacted the company I purchased them from and they sent me a new controller.

I plugged the new controller in and it worked, I was pumped. Then I looked at the powerhead, and still... nada

I'm not sure what's going on, but I've switched everything with the working one to see if it might have been the power supply or something, but it seems the problem is with the powerhead itself and it seems to be frying controllers. New controller works, but I still can't get the powerhead to do anything. It's kind of twitching, but it won't go. I've taken it all apart and cleaned it. Nada. Sometimes the lights on the new controller blink, which makes me think there is a short somewhere or something is up, but I am no expert with these things.

Either way, waiting to hear back on the next move from where I purchased it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast