Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jebao RW-8 First Impressions

Owner

Thats too bad, but it sounds like they stand behind their product. Keep us posted!
    ..` A woman needs a man like a fish needs a net. ..`

Club Supporter

Looks like they are going to send me a new pump.

This is good news.

ECAS member

I found these pumps to be great. I had 2 rw-15 on a 180 and ended up having to not use one because they were too powerful. If anyone is looking at these I would recommend them.

In regards to ecotech pumps they are drastically reduced now from originally 499-419 and now 358.00 for an mp40 :)

Club Supporter

Yes I seen the price drop on the ecotechs, which is always a nice thing to see.

I think I will be replacing the jebaos with a gyre, as I like the idea of it. The jebaos have worked as advertised and even though one did die on me, it was replaced.

Club Supporter

Loving my Gyre

Official ECAS vendor

I have some input, this my personal experience and hope not to offend anyone but I have had LOTS of pumps, we also sell all of these at our shop.

I have experience with the following and in rough order of price.

Maxi jets - hard to kill, converted to power head, will move water reliably.
    Koralia - 1 yr pump IMHO (some longer) but usually something goes in a year - can reverse when power cycled ...not always fun.
    Jebao - these are good for the money but personally I wouldn't trust my reef to just one so have a backup. There has been documented issues, we run them for demo's

Gyre...sold several.... had one for repair already...I personally have one on my 8' tank and it moves tons of water ...it is just as noisy as an Ecotech MP40 with a reef you are going to hear a pump or water trickling generally...white noise after awhile.

Tunze - top grade............ I have 6045, 6055 and 6105 been running constant in the shop for years no major issues.....have seen a few die when used improperly but overall great reliable gear.
    Ecotech - top grade............ I have some that have been running for 5 years and had minor issues ...a rebuild kits is about $25.00 - shaft prop and spacer.

Hope this can help shed some light :)
    AFK Reef Supplies
    902 446 7800
    Mon-Fri 10-6:30
    Sat 11-6:30

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123