Thread: ReefNiks March social in the works

ECAS member

Exclamation ReefNiks March social in the works

Another hobbyist social in Dartmouth for March, date will be confirmed once I have the confirmations from all vendors on when they can make it. If there is anything you like to see at this one let me know and I will arrange it. Tentative attendance by Derek's Reef shop and 1 Fish 2 Fish so far, just waiting on the restClick here to enlarge

Corals, frags, dry goods, door prizes and a hobbyist buy, sell and trade table are so far in the works!

ECAS member

This is welcome to freshwater hobbyists too so feel free to come check out the salty side and put your forsale items on the hobbyist table and just enjoy meeting fellow hobbyists. I am trying to make it enjoyable for both types of water hobbyists so if you have any suggestions let me know :)

ECAS member

Sounds like a good time!
    125g. Jaguar pair.... 75g. Jaguar male....
    45g. L002 Pleco pair.... 30g. Danios....
    55g. Iridescent shark.... 33g. Marble crayfish....
    6x20g. Shrimp/Guppies/Breeding/Fry....

ECAS member

Just an idea to have an auction at some point during the social. If anyone has some extra fish from breeding, extra plants, old equipment, donated items, etc. ECAS could keep a % (or not). This could be in addition to the 'for sale table'. Items could be posted in advance on the sight.

ECAS member

I would be OK with an auction if you freshies want it, send me emails of what you have so I can see how many would be willing to take part to organise it. However this isn't a social tied to any forum,but I would accept donations from people to go towards local animal rescues such as the SPCA and litters and critters animal rescue. There will also be a donation spot where you can donate items for the SPCA or a box for money donations. Or if you guys want the auction and keep the money you get that's fine as well.:) as long as everything stays friendly and people have a great time.

ECAS member

That probably wasn't very clear..

If you guys want to donate some of what you make off of your auctioned items to ecas it would be up to you the individual, but donating a percentage of sales you make is not a requirement. Should someone wish to donate an item to be auctioned the full proceeds would go towards helping a local animal shelter.

The way it will work is the vendors selling items will pay the fees to book the room, there is no admittance fee or any cost to the hobbyist other then what you buy or donate yourself to a charity while there. Its just meant as a fun get together for hobbyists, and I will accommodate as many things as you guys want into it as possible. :)

ECAS member

Ah ok, i thought it was an ECAS social, i getcha now :)
    125g. Jaguar pair.... 75g. Jaguar male....
    45g. L002 Pleco pair.... 30g. Danios....
    55g. Iridescent shark.... 33g. Marble crayfish....
    6x20g. Shrimp/Guppies/Breeding/Fry....

ECAS member

No this is just a hobbyist social I am putting on for everyone :) the auction can definitely be part of it but what each person wants to do with their money is their own call. I don't want people to feel pressured in any way other then to just have a great time, so donations or a percentage going to a forum is an individual call per person

ECAS member

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by J.J Click here to enlarge
    This is welcome to freshwater hobbyists too so feel free to come check out the salty side and put your forsale items on the hobbyist table and just enjoy meeting fellow hobbyists. I am trying to make it enjoyable for both types of water hobbyists so if you have any suggestions let me know :)
    Me and Dave might stop by and say hi :) who knows, you might convince me about the saltwater thing yet :)

ECAS member

Careful what you wish for it worked on Dean :D

ECAS member

Well a date had been picked! March 29, 12-4

Derek's reef shop and maritime reef are attending and bring frags and dry goods. They also carry items that work for freshwater too so if there is something you are looking for let them know and they will bring it along. There is also a hobbyist table for items as well if you want to do trading and selling. I know this is basically a marine social but freshwater is welcome as well.

Also for the marine folks there is a contest to show off your nastiest skimmate so take some pics and be up to win a prize from bean bag frags!

ECAS member

Where would this be at?

ECAS member

50 Caledonia in Dartmouth is the address I believe

ECAS member

right on!! Ill be there! if anyone other then stacy has interest in LED tubes as seen in one of sawdust's threads, shoot me a pm. If i get a chance i will post some pics in the away from tank section later as i have a few different led products now.

10g Cherry & Crystal Black Shrimp//33g Guppy Tank//33g setup for Green Terror//33g setup for Tequila Fish//33g Blood Red & Green Jewel
    55g Mbuna Cichlid//29g QT//55g Heckel's Thread-Finned Acara//46g Apistogramma Panduro//90g Angel & BNP​//​120g Saltwater//120g Fresh Water Community

ECAS member

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Lorne Click here to enlarge
    right on!! Ill be there! if anyone other then stacy has interest in LED tubes as seen in one of sawdust's threads, shoot me a pm. If i get a chance i will post some pics in the away from tank section later as i have a few different led products now.
    Can we see some pics and prices? I may be interested

ECAS member

If I can make it I will bring some plant clippings to give/trade. I'm personally looking for some foreground plants. Some s.repens or something not common
    75 Gal Planted High Tech

ECAS member

here is a link to my current LED products for those that may have interest. I am hoping to have the tubes back in stock by the social but i have the panels and bulbs now. (the bulbs no longer have retail packaging as the delivery person felt it wise to leave them outside my door in the rain a few weeks back. bulbs are fine, just no box lol
    http://www.eastcoastaquariumsociety....535#post185535

10g Cherry & Crystal Black Shrimp//33g Guppy Tank//33g setup for Green Terror//33g setup for Tequila Fish//33g Blood Red & Green Jewel
    55g Mbuna Cichlid//29g QT//55g Heckel's Thread-Finned Acara//46g Apistogramma Panduro//90g Angel & BNP​//​120g Saltwater//120g Fresh Water Community

ECAS member

Just a reminder guys this is Sunday!! We hope to see you all there! We have also developed a Facebook page as well to keep you in the loop.ReefNiks Events

ECAS member

Exciting news!!!

We are going to have a small add in the metro news running Friday to Sunday!

We are also doing an admission by donation(not required but appreciated) for the local greyhound kennel that finds homes for retired racers. Items in need are as follows

Minute rice
    Tuna in water
    Peanut butter as a treat for Kong's:)

Looking forward to seeing you all there for the event!!