Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to make Coke...

ECAS member

Always great to see members are still alive :-P lol. What's new?

ECAS member

Wow that's to high of ground for me .

ECAS member

I appreciate reading these, the big stuff is always so cool!

I recently got to do a bit of work on the engineering side of a pharmaceutical factory, it's small peanuts compared to steel mills and the like but I always like seeing how processes work. Solvents being pumped around, platinum catalyzing reactors... it's good to know how things are made!

Club Supporter

I think I've posted pics earlier of this room, but there's a reason(at least for me) why I do it again.
    I've passed it quite a few times before, it's a passway through the factory.
    Took a few pics then, since I like old stuff, with no thought why it's still there.

In fact, this room has no function what so ever in the factory, all buttons, levers, meters and everything is dead.

So why is it still there? In the walkthrough? Smack in the middle of a factory?

What I do know now, is that one employee stepped in this in room in the late 50's lit his cigarette, without knowing that just before his clothes been soaked with oxygen from a leaking coupling...
    He and the room more or less exploded in flames.
    The room was repaired, but shortly after never used again.
    Now there's no reason why it shouldn't be torn down, would make walk through easier, but it's still there, like no one dares to.

And it's in perfect condition, without any cleaning for almost 60 years, thou it's used as an walk through.

And thou it now stands in the noiceiest room in the factory, with 3 huge compressors just outside the windows howling at +100 decibels, and the walls and doors thin.
    If you stop and close the doors, it sounds like the sound comes from half a mile away.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by komodo182; 05-21-2017 at 05:12 AM. Reason: Made it so your pictures would appear without clicking links

Club Supporter

Back to the coke burners again...
    In a snow storm... Click here to enlarge
    About how much you see when the chilling wagon pass...
    Click here to enlarge
    If you think it looks a bit claustrofobic, the outer walls are 60cm apart, minus the scaffolding...
    Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12