Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PEI May Social!

ECAS member

Some other suggestions can be seen here.http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...3-Food-Recipes
    I like discus cause discus like me.

ECAS member

I don't know much about the bh mixes but I do know one thing.....humans don't need vitamins unless they have a condition or can't eat..... If the fish is getting it's proper nutrients I don't see a need for vitamins.... Also the recipie a aren't great..... Cornmeal in your fish food or gelatin? That's not healthy stuff for fish..... Especially any kind of cornmeal .... I think I will stick with pams recipie since it's all natural and her discus are sensationally beautiful and large.... They are getting all the nutrients they need!!

ECAS member

Gelatin is a great binding agent.Makes the mix turn out looking like baloney instead of mushy hamburger appearance and tends not to fall apart.Shrimp does the same thing but not as good as gelatin for binding the mixture so it says together and the particles don't get in the water column as much.I've tried a few different recipes in the past when I raised young discus,but always preferred the gelatin recipes.I just went with what the majority of folks used,since I was new to making it(about 9 years ago).Nowadays I use freeze dried black worms for a high protein food for growing out fish.It doesn't foul the water as much.Corn,wheat and rice are used as fillers in most commercial foods.
    I like discus cause discus like me.

Owner

Thanks to everyone who made it out this weekend, I had a great time! Despite the stinky food haha I am not sure who had more fun me or my dog :) And BTW Komodo she is still enjoying her knuckle bone...thanks again for thinking of her it was very thoughtful!

Big thanks to 1 fish 2 fish as well.....ECAS members who attended the social were offered some great discounts ($5 plants, 15% off dry goods and 25% off livestock) It was appreciated by all those who attended :)
    ..` A woman needs a man like a fish needs a net. ..`

Super Moderator Chopper Challenge Champion

Glad she is enjoying it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12