Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41

Thread: 17 gallon low maintainence tank build

  1. #21
    ECAS member

    sunsanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Fredericton, NB
    Posts
    79
    LOL. Just got a hold of them. The site is just a "place holder".

    How do you find the build quality of the tank?

  2. #22
    ECAS member

    Charlie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    174
    This is about the 4th or fifth tank i`ve had from the same manufacturer ( Fire Aquariums) and have not been disappointed yet .

  3. #23
    Club Supporter

    Nuggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Halifax, Canada
    Posts
    2,789
    Same as a Do!aqua or Mr Aqua tank. Looks like AquaSense is having them rebranded for them.

    Solid tanks, run about $100-$120 angelfins and reef supplies used to carry them, a few others as well

  4. #24
    ECAS member

    dougomac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Timberlea, NS
    Posts
    1,349
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Charlie Click here to enlarge
    I added 5 Black neon tetras as dither fish yesterday, my ideal choice is some Beckford pencil fish, but seem to be non existent in our pet stores both locally & surrounding cities.
    I'm pretty sure I was looking at some Beckford Pencil fish last week at the LFS here. They were a very nice looking fish
    75 Gal Planted High Tech

  5. #25
    ECAS member

    Charlie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    174
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dougomac Click here to enlarge
    I'm pretty sure I was looking at some Beckford Pencil fish last week at the LFS here. They were a very nice looking fish
    I went with Ember tetras.
    Thanks

  6. #26
    ECAS member

    Alasdair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    cape breton
    Posts
    64
    Beautiful tank - would be great to see a recent picture to see how it grew in.

  7. #27
    ECAS member

    Charlie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    174
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Alasdair Click here to enlarge
    Beautiful tank - would be great to see a recent picture to see how it grew in.
    Actually, i rescaped the tank with upgraded lights & plants, sadly i forgot to snap a picture or 2 before reding it.
    It can longer be considered a low maintenance tank LOL.

  8. #28
    ECAS member

    Charlie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    174
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Charlie Click here to enlarge
    Actually, i rescaped the tank with upgraded lights & plants, sadly i forgot to snap a picture or 2 before reding it.
    It can longer be considered a low maintenance tank LOL.
    Been sometime since i updated this build, the tank went from low maintenance to a high light tank in Nov. of 2015.
    Click here to enlarge
    Then in April this year , it was again rescaped to a Iwagumi scape, I will post pics later.

  9. #29
    ECAS member

    Charlie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    174
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Charlie Click here to enlarge
    Been sometime since i updated this build, the tank went from low maintenance to a high light tank in Nov. of 2015.
    Click here to enlarge
    Then in April this year , it was again rescaped to a Iwagumi scape, I will post pics later.
    As mentioned i changed it up again, thiws time i think i`ll stick with this . (hopefully LOL)
    The tank was completely gutted and new Amazona was added, lighting was changed to a Kessil AW160 Tuna Sun fixture
    The initial shot after planting:
    Click here to enlarge
    A few weeks after
    Click here to enlarge
    A few more weeks
    Click here to enlarge
    This the tank now:
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for looking, constructive critic & feedback welcomed

  10. #30
    ECAS member

    vickie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    sheffield, new brunswick
    Posts
    7
    Looks amazing! Beautiful

    Sent from my SGH-I757M using Tapatalk

  11. #31
    ECAS member

    melita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    kingston ns
    Posts
    964
    I love the look of you set up should be great for the sa dwarf as will .

  12. #32
    ECAS member

    Charlie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    174
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by melita Click here to enlarge
    I love the look of you set up should be great for the sa dwarf as will .
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vickie Click here to enlarge
    Looks amazing! Beautiful

    Sent from my SGH-I757M using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the feed back guy`s

  13. #33
    Club Supporter

    happy_pitbull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Halifax, NS
    Posts
    3,282
    Love this! Those rocks look great, could you tell me what they are exactly and where you got them from?

  14. #34
    ECAS member

    Charlie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    174
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by happy_pitbull Click here to enlarge
    Love this! Those rocks look great, could you tell me what they are exactly and where you got them from?
    Thanks for taking the time, comments appreciated.
    The rocks are commonly called Seiryu Stone , sometimes sold as mini landscape stone, i got these form several sources over a period of time from Big Al`s another LFS and hobbyist .
    Regards

  15. #35
    ECAS member

    melita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    kingston ns
    Posts
    964
    I love the touch red.in middle not over done and the grasses carpet in front.

  16. #36
    ECAS member

    PencilFish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dartmouth N.S
    Posts
    607
    Looks fantastic! Love the kessil...might have to pick me up one!

  17. #37
    Club Supporter

    Leigh Partridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Amherst, NS
    Posts
    264
    The tank looks great. The plants really filled in well too.
    100g CA/SA Cichlids 77g Jaguar Cichlid
    40g SA Cichlids 36g Convict fry

  18. #38

  19. #39
    ECAS member

    Charlie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    174
    This is where the tank is now.
    Click here to enlarge
    Regards

  20. #40
    ECAS member

    egapelc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Halifax, NS
    Posts
    65
    That is beautiful! Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •