Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell us how you found us ...

ECAS member

Welcome to the Forum ... if you are new to the East Coast Aquarium Society Forum, or a new member of the ECAS, please take a few minutes to let us know how you found out about the Society and/or the Forum. (if more than one of the noted answers applies, choose the one that most influenced you to check out the Forum).

Have fun checking out the site ... the members are all levels of experience in the hobby and keep a wide variety of fressh and saltwater fish as well as other aquatic creatures. We love to share information, and hear stories about your interests in the hobby! Thanks for completing the poll.
    We can not control the wind, but we can adjust our sails.

ECAS member

If you are a new member, please take a few minutes to answer this quick poll ... we are interested to know how you found the Forum and the ECAS.

Thanks!

Heather

ECAS member

B A Murray, a friend and almost neighbor sent me this site. It is very informative, and I appreciate all the info i'm reading. Thanks Barb............
    1 dog, 3 cats, 33 gal tank-8barbs, 2 tretras, 1 unknown, 2 apple snails, 10 gal - not sure yet?

ECAS member

Sonia stumbled upon the club one day and told me about it. Not long after our first or second meeting we became members... the rest is history
    130 SA community, 75 African oddball, 55 caecilians, 55 catfish, 33 blackwater, other smaller setups

ECAS member

Nope. Michelle (cell) told me then I told Marc. I guess you have to blame her for attracting the freaks
    :P

ECAS member

some guy i bought a 10 gal tank and filter off for 20$ told me about this site.. it was my first tank... well first one in years
    everythings 4 sale .... sale

Club Supporter

I was actually looking for a local-to-me place that would ship fish to me....and found this forum!

ECAS member

Hey there,

I've been browsing this site for sometime now, I foud it by mistaque or luck whitch ever, just browsing on the net to find fish to trade or buy, fish, plants, rocks, wood. Looking for info on fish ect, ...

I been a fish mommy for about 15 years now , starting with gold fish, and it grew from there I presently have a 70 g tank, with about 14 occupant:

3 feather fin catfish
    4 kribensis
    1 pleco
    1 red tail black shark
    1 pakistani loach
    1 faux flying fox
    1 elge eater (don't know name)
    1 bronze cory
    and 3 pakistani loach (newbies)
    Why do I love fishkeeping, Hummm,... they don't run away, they don't pee on your floors, they don't make noise. I let my furry friends do that,...

ECAS member

We are members of the ASW (the aquarium society of Winnipeg), We we were told that we were being transfered it was to be Ontario so we became members of the Ottawa aquarium society.
    We were informed 2 days ago that it would be now New Brunswick, so a quick search on the good old net and poof this site came up, excellent.
    "The one absolutely unselfish friend that a man can have in this selfish
    world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves
    ungrateful or treacherous, is his dog."- George Graham Vest

ECAS member

I walked it to Noble Aquarium and the owner Terry told me about this site that was about a year ago now.

Brian
    80 gal drilled with overflow skimmer and 20 gallon sump, 4 t5ho, UV sterilizer
    housing to many fish to name

ECAS member

Hi all!

I came across the web address for here on NSonline Forum. Basically its a Clasifieds + web site. They have a Pets forum (along with many others) and low an behold someone mentioned this place and gave the link. And I am very thankful too. ;-)

~sandesnow
    You can only help someone so much, at that point they must help themselves.

ECAS member

I found it on an american african cichlid site
    55 gal. Community Malawi Tank

ECAS member

bought a tank off molly rose she told me about this place odd i go there to buy a tank end up joinnning a society life sure is full of surprises
    Atlantic fish and reptile group www.afrg.ca

ECAS member

I was directed here by Jolieo. Haven't been around much lately though. My tanks have changed a bit since the last time I was here. :)
    Nothing is fool proof to a sufficiently talented fool.

ECAS member

any of the newer members to the forum , please let us know how you found the ECAS and the forum.

ECAS member

Hello Everyone,

Well first of all I would like to say how wonderful this society is and how great everyone is!

I am not so new to ECAS. My husband is the Live group Coordinator for Nova Scotia (chococat)
    I also am a hobbyist and enjoy fish very much! Ever since my husband got me into this hobby I have stopped watching so much TV and just sit and watch the tanks for hours.

Looking forward to knowing everyone and talking fish!
    Last edited by Joey; 09-10-2013 at 04:33 PM.
    awww what a cute fishy fishy, I MUST HAVE IT. lol

i was refered by my LFS

ECAS member

I was told about the site from the neighbor across the street, and I saw a card at Aqua Creations. I actually have met a handful of members in the last two weeks since I have started cruising the forums regularly...what a wonderful site I have learned loads and I hope to share what I know with everyone...sent my membership money yesterday!!!!
    "I love deadlines. I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by"

ECAS member

I am constantly on the hunt for new big fish..I love this i geuss people call it a hobby but i've made it my life..My girlfreind is the vp for grey hound pets of atlantic canada and she interduced my into that charity..We have 3 greys and they r sweethearts..I had to interduce her to fish so she could understand how great this stuff really is..But on one of my many trips to the pet stores i have been told about this site, mark from PU in bayers lake an old freind of mine told my to check it out so here i am..My collection consists of a 100g pond indoor that has a 12" and 13" red tiger oscars and one small albino,a 13" brown bullhead catfish,an 8" faltse raphiel a 9" teger shovelnose red tail hybrid and last but not least my 13" pleco. I also have a 35g comunity tank consisting of 8 1" to 5" brown bull babies a black vailtail angel a 5" rocket gar a raphiel cat an albino corey an albino clawed african frog 2 8" plecoes and apple snails out the wazoo..thy breed like crazy.I also have a 5g with a pignose puffer a 15g with my huge yellow spotted sally and some other smaller ones,I have a 40g with 2 glass skinks and some rainbows also some smaller tanks with newts...i have frogs and snakes and something nobody has is my giant scavenger beetle..It's about 2" long and you dont wanna get bit by him.lol.
    I love my animals and am ready willing and able to adopt,save or buy more.I cant be stoped..If this is a sickness i dont ever want to get better.
    take care of your buisness and and your buisness will take care of you.

ECAS member

i googled east coast aquariums :)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast