Thread: Red tail sharks

ECAS member

Red tail sharks

Hi everyone. I'm just looking for some people that may have experience keeping red tail sharks that could maybe share their experiences, tank mates, water quality etc.

I've been doing a lot of research on the internet but I find peoples own experiences to be the best way to learn :)

Thanks

ECAS member

Love them but they can be a pain in the tank mine would drive my bulldog pleco nuts just would not leave him alone and just love to chase the other fish until I got another one from a friend then all was good still bugged the pleco but not as much

ECAS member

i have 3 in my community tank with no real problems. ...also 2 albino red tails and 3 rainbow sharks as well. I have a fairly diverse stock as you can see in this video http://vid1372.photobucket.com/album...pszuju3dcu.mp4
    As fish lady said they really just need a few buddies to chase around and they will leave the rest of your fish alone

10g Cherry & Crystal Black Shrimp//33g Guppy Tank//33g setup for Green Terror//33g setup for Tequila Fish//33g Blood Red & Green Jewel
    55g Mbuna Cichlid//29g QT//55g Heckel's Thread-Finned Acara//46g Apistogramma Panduro//90g Angel & BNP​//​120g Saltwater//120g Fresh Water Community