Thread: Strange scenario...

ECAS member

Strange scenario...

Hello everyone

I have room for one more tank (until I'm living on my own) and I being crazy for catfish have picked a strange candidate that I will be acquiring EVENTUALLY. The fish is best known as the Chocolate talking catfish, A few cat fish people might recognize it as Acanthodoras cataphractus. Either way I have run into a bit of a predicament, I would like a group of 5 for a 29 gallon and they are only available in a group of 16. I should mention at the moment I have nothing prepared... No tank, No filter-nothing. I am barely in the doodling stages of what I would like the scape to look like. I'm curious to know if anybody in Nova Scotia would be interested in purchasing some from me. The fish are being sold to me at 24 dollars each and thats all I would want in return. I will gladly pay for the shipping fees (as it would be the same if I just ordered five), I just want to make sure that if I do this there will be enough people interested to make finding homes for them quickly as I do not have the space for them (5 would go in the 29 gallon and the rest will be put in 10 gallon hospital tank until they can be picked up (assuming those who are interested would not make it out on the same night). The other option is I find enough Haligonians to purchase the remaining 11 fish and then after we all make deposits and what not they would be shipped to us all individually from the dealer (Below Water). Care and information can be found here- http://www.planetcatfish.com/common/...species_id=626

And a care article here- http://www.planetcatfish.com/cotm/co...article_id=155

Let me know if your interested!

ECAS member

Very few of you seem to be interested...

ECAS member

Rapheals are a pretty common cat, PU doesn't have them? Or could get them for you?
    5000 gallon koi pond, 2500 & 750 gallon holding tanks,

ECAS member

If you want these guys my local fish store has them ... Actually his name is the fish finder on here ..... His name is Jeff and I'm sure he can deliver or ship fairly cheap

Owner

1 Fish 2 Fish does have Rapheals but I am not so sure they are the ones from the link posted. Would be best to call the shop as he doesn't get online very much with the new store prep. They are open today 12-5 and the store number is 902 626 3300
    ..` A woman needs a man like a fish needs a net. ..`

Super Moderator Chopper Challenge Champion

Its not the same as a striped raphael for those wondering.

ECAS member

I work at a PU and these fish are little out of our league, ice never seen then in the list. There is a copy "cat" however the copy fish has a lateral line that extends through the caudal fin where A.cataphractus has a lateral line that stops at the caudal fin and the cadual fin is molted.

I worked today from 11-5 but I'll give him a ring tomorrow!
    Dedicated Catfish Keeper

Owner

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CatfishCrazy Click here to enlarge
    I worked today from 11-5 but I'll give him a ring tomorrow!
    Not open on Monday! Can try on Tuesday :)
    ..` A woman needs a man like a fish needs a net. ..`

ECAS member

Sorry, they look really cute, but all my tanks are stocked for the moment. Best wishes for finding them some great homes!
    Optimist: someone who figures that taking a step backward after taking a step forward is not a disaster, it's more like a cha-cha.

ECAS member

I gave 1 fish 2 fish a call and they said they would get back to me, If they can't get them combined with the lack of interest here I will probably just pay the price of 16 for the 5 of them, No point in complicating it to save a few bucks.