Thread: Any interest in doing an Auction in the Halifax area?

ECAS member

Any interest in doing an Auction in the Halifax area?

I moved here from Saskatchewan, where I was a member of the Saskatoon Aquarium Society. There we held a meeting and auction once a month (except in summer) that was generally well attended and a great way to buy new fish, plants and other items and find a new home for surplus items. I was hoping for something similar in the Halifax area but haven't see any mention of an auction in the Forum. Am I missing something or does the ECAS just not hold auctions?

ECAS member

That would be awesome

Club Supporter

We've usually done it in the past at socials, not really auctions but for sale tables.

Owner

Socials are lots of fun and it is always great to chat with other members face to face.....and buy, sell and trade fishy items!
    Being from PEI it is difficult to plan things in a city so far away.....but that doesn't mean I don't want to :)
    Summer is a little rough as far as getting people together, however fall is coming and I am itching to get on the road.
    If there are any members from the Halifax/Dartmouth area who are interested in helping out with a social, send me a PM! Really looking to get some ideas for locations since I am not familiar!
    ..` A woman needs a man like a fish needs a net. ..`

ECAS member

you guys also have full use of my store if you want to do something. As long as I have some notice I can have it set up for you, just let me know