Thread: Lighting

ECAS member

Lighting

I currently. I have a fluval planted tank led and looking for some advice I finding a light for my 90 gallon I don't think this light is strong enough . What would. Be. A good choice for a planted .

ECAS member

I would go for t5ho. Possibly from a hydroponics shop as they are cheaper

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
    75 Gal Planted High Tech

Club Supporter

What size model are you using?
    100g CA/SA Cichlids 77g Jaguar Cichlid
    40g SA Cichlids 36g Convict fry

ECAS member

That's my 75gal high tech. It's running 2 dual t5ho. I think 1 dual ho would be good for your 90 to grow low to med plants. Better than the fluval
    Click here to enlarge
    75 Gal Planted High Tech

Owner

Hey Melita, Any chance you can put a link here for the light you have? Maybe the issue is not with your lighting after all! Just a suggestion but rather then buying a new light, maybe spend the money on some really nice low light, low maintenance plants that will work with your current light!

Or better yet rather then spend more money now, on plants or lighting.......why not just leave it for a while. You just replaced the substrate......and if memory serves me right this is a new 90. Why not let things sit for a bit, give the fish a break and the plants time to root.
    ..` A woman needs a man like a fish needs a net. ..`

ECAS member

It depends what kinds you're looking to get. It's easy to get powerful lights, but they're going to be high profile and sometimes stick out like a sore thumb; like the lights I have for my 125 gallon aquarium that I'll post in two hours. The lights I've purchased are just simple reflectors from steves hydroponics.

ECAS member

I believe it is flu all aqua life planted one of first they put out it was ok on 55 but the 90 is much deeper . I don't have picture . I believe they have better one now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Club Supporter

It's too bad those GLO lights don't seem to be easy to find anymore. They were a great light and a good price.

Melita do you have the 2.0 or the older model?

ECAS member

Bought couple years ago so probably. Older . What are decent led now days what make is best for low light ?

Club Supporter

The newer model has dimming, so that easily helps distinguish what revision you have. The older ones I have work well for what i keep but it really depends on what size model you have and how deep your tank is, etc.
    100g CA/SA Cichlids 77g Jaguar Cichlid
    40g SA Cichlids 36g Convict fry

Club Supporter

The fluval lights are good (at least the newer models), lots of people using them on plantedtank.

ECAS member

I need to buy better light mine is older model ,I don't really want to get glow light because it is painTo find the right bulb here in valley . I have been looking at different types of lighting but so far have not chosen any of them . Your input would be helpful . I don't want use co2 so just low to medium plants . Leaning toward the new fluvial Or current plus ,any one used the new t5 LEDs .? My tank is 24 deep .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Club Supporter

24 inches deep is harder to light, most of the t5/led combos are super expensive. If you mean the LED t5 bulbs, I haven't heard much good about them.

Honestly, a GLO light would be just fine if you can find one. They're affordable and work great, they don't have the bells and whistles of the newer lights but they're still good. You can use any t5ho bulb in them. I used to use these. http://www.petsandponds.com/en/aquar...p16873830.html