Thread: Cherry shrimp food question

ECAS member

Cherry shrimp food question

Starting my first shrimp tank soon but before I get the shrimp I wanted to ask here what food experienced shrimp keepers feed their shrimp.

I've read a bunch about boiled veggies but I'm looking for a base pellet or flake food to feed them regularly that I can then supplement with other foods.

I will be keeping cherry shrimp that I will find locally sometime soon.

Thanks!

ECAS member

Mine go nuts for algae wafers, it's the only commercial food so far that I've found where they swarm what I give them.

ECAS member

i feed mine bio max there is 3 types of food there is one for shrimplets powder substance,there is one for juvies which is a small pellet and one for adults a bigger pellet.i have several different types of shrimp and they just love it.

ECAS member

Thanks for the info guys, I will look into those!

Club Supporter

Hi ! I feed mine a variety. Anything algae based is good. Also be sure to have a well established tank as they graze on algae in the tank and bio-film that grows on things. I always have Almond leaves in my tanks for just that reason. ... plus they have other good benefits.

If you can find Shrimp Souflee by Repashy that is the best stuff. You mix it yourself as its in powder form and it turns into a gelatin food that doesnt disintegrate too fast therefore doesnt foul your water too quickly. Jungle pets may have this but Im not sure.

Spirulina flakes are good as well. The best food I found locally is at 1fish 2fish, called Shrimp Pellets by vitalis. They are small soft pellets that sink and my shrimp go nuts for them. Thats the main food I feed mine.