Thread: New Tank

ECAS member

New Tank

So now that I broke down the 20G long tank, I now have room for this 33G long tank. I'll use the Marineland canister that was used for circulation in my saltwater setup. If I get a good deal on fish I'll set this up soon, or I may just try a long shrimp/bushynose only tank.

ECAS member

Click here to enlarge
    On that note, I need to pick up a length of plywood because this stand is only 47.5 inches across for some reason...

ECAS member

Nice looking tank... love the profile.
    108g Planted - Discus, Royal Plec, Featherfin Syndos
    5.5g planted - Assorted shrimp

Owner

I love how the length of the tank makes it look so much bigger than 33 gallons! I have wanted one like this to put shellies in, what kind of shrimp are you thinking?
    ..` A woman needs a man like a fish needs a net. ..`

ECAS member

I'd probably just transfer the brightest of my Red Cherries in there and let them breed with no predators in there.

I have no camopy for this, so I think I'll check out Ikea for some clip on lamps.

ECAS member

Click here to enlarge

ECAS member

A few changes in the plan have happened. My Fluval 404 in my big tank had a cascading failure (impeller cover broke, valve seals started leaking, valve lever broke and finally the clamp area on the housing broke) so I had to move the Marineland upstairs to support the Fluval 206 also running in the tank. I have a large Aquaclear so I transferred the 404 media into it including the foam to kick start the 33 long. I also rinsed the sand very thoroughly that was in the 20 long marine tank and it's good to go.

While browsing kijiji I found an ad looking to trade a few Fairy Cichlids for live plants. I have no shortage of that, so I went for it. Don't mind the light, I'll be getting something better from Ikea later.

Also, I have half a dozen Fluval 303s, so if the AC doesn't quiet down soon after having been in storage a long time, one of those may end up doing tge duty.

ECAS member

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

ECAS member

Where do u get that tank and how much

Super Moderator Chopper Challenge Champion

Beautiful

ECAS member

Thanks. I'm not 100% set on the decor yet, I have a few boxes of fake plants and other things that may get swapped out until I like the final layout. The tank was actually given to me by somebody getting out of the hobby.

ECAS member

So the fairies are VERY timid, perhaps because they are more of a schooling fish than other cichlids and I have only 3, but whenever there is any movement in the rec room they go into hiding in a hurry. I'm second guessing my choice of fish, perhaps a cory only tank like I was thinking first would be a better fit.