Thread: Someone who can build aquarium stand

ECAS member

Someone who can build aquarium stand

Is thier any carpenters on here that can build aquarium stand if so pm me

ECAS member

Cabinetman makes nice stuff. See if you can get a hold of him. He might not be on here much, try arrg.ca

ECAS member

I tried him he can’t do it this is proven to be hard to get help on this

ECAS member

Josh at Aquarica is quite handy and does great work. Might want to see if he can assist... though I know he is real busy these days so he may not have time.
    Buy Tropica Plants Online at Aquascape.Plus

ECAS member

He can’t

ECAS member

Any chance you can try yourself! There are lots of videos and help online.

ECAS member

That’s what I did I got a plan on line and my cousin helped me put it together sometimes they will make cuts at home depo if you don’t have a saw they might charge you a bit my Rona cut the plywood for my stand you just need you measurements to be right .

ECAS member

I don’t got the tool if I had the tools to cut then I could do it my self np but I dont

ECAS member

Still looking for someone to. Hold my son a stand please someone help me out willing to pay to get it build or if someone has the tool and could help me build it then that’s help a lot cause I’m sure I could build if I had the tools

Owner

Wish I could help but Im a bit too far away!

You mention you don't have the tools to cut, but do you have a drill? If you can get a plan/idea of what you want online and mark down all your measurements, I am sure they will cut the pieces for you at Home Depot. I am not sure what the fees might be, but here on PEI they do it for free. Once the wood is cut all you need is the drill to assemble, if you don't have one, maybe even buying a cheap one could still be less than buying a ready made stand in store.

What size tank is it?
    ..` A woman needs a man like a fish needs a net. ..`

ECAS member

I was just at Kent today to buy the lumber needed for a rack. They did 14 cuts for me (just standard straight cuts) and was no charge. I just needed them short enough to fit inside my excuse of an SUV. Home Depot will do a few cuts for free, then charge a dollar for the cuts if there's a lot of them.

For what you will pay someone to build it, you could probably buy the tools you need. I bought the lightweight cordless Ryobi drill, circular saw, chopsaw and jigsaw during one of the sales. The cost was, if I recall, less than $250 total. Heck, it even came with 2 batteries. I have used the drill and chopsaw (it's only good for up to a 2x4) more times than I can remember.
    Buy Tropica Plants Online at Aquascape.Plus

ECAS member

So I found a company that’s gonna build the stand for me how I want it thier gonna charge 300 for it and deliver it from r free from Moncton and said it will be done in about a week it’s for sons 9 gallon flex aquarium that houses his koi betta

Owner

For a 9 gallon tank, 300 is a lot! I know the 1 fish we used to have in Charlottetown could order in nice wood aquarium stands that would be cheaper than that! Have you tried checking with the local shops to see what they can order in For you?
    ..` A woman needs a man like a fish needs a net. ..`

ECAS member

No one can get a stand for this tank cause no one makes one for it and I would t go to 1fish2fish if they were the last pet store on earth they couldn’t get me to shop thier if they gave me free stuff because they did me wronge way to many times and I don’t feel they take pride in good customer service atleast with the owener and felt like I was being ripped off every time I shopped thier

ECAS member

That does seem high for a nine gallon stand. Can you send pics or describe what you are looking for? I have two sort of stands here that I am not using, bigger than you need but should work. Call or text me at 902-225-5853.

ECAS member

By the time you buy the wood and hire somebody to build one,it'll cost way more than just to buy one off kijiji stand and tank included.

ECAS member

I paid 300 for stand build to spec I want and looks how I want it to look then for delivery from Moncton to halifax

ECAS member

Glad you found someone to build it for you not easy finding someone to build stuf these days for sure .