Thread: 75 Gallon Low-Tech Aquascaping Project

Official ECAS vendor

75 Gallon Low-Tech Aquascaping Project

This is a 75 gallon tank that is a small species community tank. Has some neons and cardinal tetras, a few corydoras, amano shrimp, a colony of blue neo shrimp, some cherry barbs and a betta. I wanted something low tech.

The plants are
    • Back walls - Christmas Moss sandwiched between some plastic mesh.
    • Back center left - Ludwigia Repens 'Rubin' turns a really nice shade of rad and gold on top with olive coloured lower leaves.
    • Back center right - Hygrophila 'Siamensis 53B'
    • Left side - Rotala rotundifolia. Nice green, and the upper leaves get a little tinge of reddish brown.
    • Right side - Anubias var. Bartieri, a couple of them affixed to the rocks and grapevine wood.
    • Midground - all around the rocks, I added Staurogyne Repens and will trim them to make it full looking.
    • Foreground - VERY early growth of Monte Carlo. The roots are establishing beneath the surface and starting to sprout. The entire front will hopefully be a lush carpet in a few months.

The rocks are dragonstone pieces, a few seiryu pieces, and a bunch I collected around Nova Scotia, cleaned, boiled, cured, tested and now used. The wood is just a small piece of grapevine wood.

The substrate is a thin layer of Flourite Onyx Sand at bottom, then filled on top with Flourite Natural.

The Lighting consists of 2x24" Finnex Planted+ 24/7 (ALWAYS buy from Amazon.com... even with exchange rates and import fees, it's cheaper than buying from Amazon.ca, by at least 100 dollars.)

I add a Flourish once a week and does a little Excel, but there's nothing really high tech about this at all.

Hopefully this will turn out like I think it will.

Next up, I plan on doing a scape for a 5ft 120 gallon tank, and I am setting up 8 new Shrimp tanks with scapes in the next few weeks. I love this stuff :)
    Buy Tropica Plants Online at Aquascape.Plus

ECAS member

I like what you have done with it looks very nice

Official ECAS vendor

Thanks. Has a LOT of growing left. These are just very initial stages. Once all of the moss and plants mature, it should look pretty full. That's the plan anyway.
    Buy Tropica Plants Online at Aquascape.Plus

Owner

Love it! And looks so clean too. I really like the way the plants look among the rocks, gives it a very natural feel!
    ..` A woman needs a man like a fish needs a net. ..`