Thread: No More Antibiotics

ECAS member

No More Antibiotics

Sold in stores nor on line started Dec 1st..This is nightmare.You'll need a prescription from a vet to obtain them.https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...icrobials.html

Super Moderator Chopper Challenge Champion

I heard. Pretty much can't treat fish illnesses anymore. Hopefully everyone stocked up. It will be interesting to talk to your vet about fish illnesses since some won't know that fish need water even...

Owner

Well now that is unfortunate. Guess Ill go grab a few things to have on hand!
    ¤°.¸¸.•´¯`» A woman needs a man like a fish needs a net. ¤°.¸¸.•´¯`»

ECAS member

Well sh!t. We’ll have to make some friends at the Atlantic Vet college.

Official ECAS vendor

The unfortunate side effect of over-regulation is that many will likely euthanize sick fish now instead of paying (almost certainly highter) fees for a vet visit.
    Buy Tropica Plants Online at Aquascape.Plus

ECAS member

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sitka Click here to enlarge
    The unfortunate side effect of over-regulation is that many will likely euthanize sick fish now instead of paying (almost certainly higher) fees for a vet visit.
    Yes most likely.It'll be cheaper just to replace your fish and those with multiple tanks with cross contamination issues will be a nightmare.

ECAS member

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pamdb33 Click here to enlarge
    Well sh!t. We’ll have to make some friends at the Atlantic Vet college.
    Hope they can provide more help than what I received from them a few years ago when I asked about a sick discus.Back then vets wouldn't sell me antibiotics for my fish.I guess they just don't want antibiotics dumped in the water/environment.

ECAS member

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blue lagoon Click here to enlarge
    Hope they can provide more help than what I received from them a few years ago when I asked about a sick discus.Back then vets wouldn't sell me antibiotics for my fish.I guess they just don't want antibiotics dumped in the water/environment.
    I'm not even sure how much they could offer for help. I'm sure they are experts on local fish, but is that going to translate to tropical fish? And is it really going to be as easy as walking into a vet and asking for a prescription? I somehow doubt it.
    108g Planted - Discus, Royal Plec, Featherfin Syndos
    5.5g planted - Assorted shrimp

ECAS member

I wonder how a product like this would work.https://www.petsmart.com/fish/food-a...t-5139714.html

Official ECAS vendor

Aquarica had a line of all-natural remedies that they used themselves with success. I'm not sure if they still have it, but I assume since it's all-natural, those products would be exempt. I've been tempted previously to try those products and given recent legislation, I likely will give it a try.
    Buy Tropica Plants Online at Aquascape.Plus