Thread: How's everyone doing after the storm

Super Moderator Chopper Challenge Champion

How's everyone doing after the storm

Hey everyone,
    Did everyone's fish survive the hurricane that hit the maritimes? We only lost power for 11 hours and I hooked up my battery powered air pump filters, so mine were all fine.
    Just checking on everyone else.

ECAS member

I was out of power from 5pm Saturday but got it back at 1pm Sunday. Lucky I know. My Discus tank dropped from 29C to 25C in that time. Back to normal now and fish were eating even at 25C so think they made it through.

ECAS member

Not good - I lost 2 discus, including the first prize champion from the CAF grow out competition. The other was one of my original tangerines. My UPS system isn't working, my backup air pumps didn't cut it, and the temperature dropped quickly.

I'm in Charlottetown and we still don't have power, (haven't since Saturday night). I managed to get a generator yesterday and got a filter & heater going but they are still looking rough today. Doing a water change now to get some fresh water in the tank.

Its been super frustrating, I had everything prepped for the storm, did a big water change on Friday to get ready and all of my backups failed. Click here to enlarge
    108g Planted - Discus, Featherfin Syndos
    5.5g planted - Assorted shrimp

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pamdb33 Click here to enlarge
    Not good - I lost 2 discus, including the first prize champion from the CAF grow out competition. The other was one of my original tangerines. My UPS system isn't working, my backup air pumps didn't cut it, and the temperature dropped quickly.

I'm in Charlottetown and we still don't have power, (haven't since Saturday night). I managed to get a generator yesterday and got a filter & heater going but they are still looking rough today. Doing a water change now to get some fresh water in the tank.

Its been super frustrating, I had everything prepped for the storm, did a big water change on Friday to get ready and all of my backups failed. Click here to enlarge
    Sorry to hear that Pam.

ECAS member

Thanks. I never had issues in the past with outages, but this was just a perfect storm (pun intended), of failures. The good news is I now have a generator to use in the future, so I will have something more reliable to use going forward.
    108g Planted - Discus, Featherfin Syndos
    5.5g planted - Assorted shrimp

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pamdb33 Click here to enlarge
    Thanks. I never had issues in the past with outages, but this was just a perfect storm (pun intended), of failures. The good news is I now have a generator to use in the future, so I will have something more reliable to use going forward.
    Was your house already wired for a generator?