Thread: Neolamprologus Multifasciatus (Shell Dwellers)

Owner

Neolamprologus Multifasciatus (Shell Dwellers)

This year has been crazy busy for me! I took the summer off from fish keeping all together. While having no fish I took some time to reflect on the hobby, what about it makes me happy and what did I enjoy keeping most.

The fish that really brought me deep into this hobby was Tanganyika cichlids. So naturally, I went back to where it all started. I checked Spencers list, he had some Multi's coming in so I just had to have them! I got a new 10 gallon tank, got all the necessary equipment, built a stand and was ready by the time the fish arrive in Spencers store.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

I used crushed coral for substrate to help assist with ph, escargot shells and red lava rock as I like the way it looks with the shells.

I purchased 8 Multi's. Forgot how exciting it was to have fish arriving at the airport! The anticipation while opening the box.....it was like being a kid at Christmas time!

I love the set up, but they have quickly outgrown their space.

Click here to enlarge

Don't mind the mess! They are small but mighty and won't let me get my hands in there for cleaning with all them babies. I got them a Christmas present from 1Fish 2Fish, a 30 gallon breeder (36x18x12). I love the low profile. I have yet to start the new project. I am trying to decide on filtration, if I want a canister or corner poret sponge filter.

Is anyone else keeping Tangs these days?
    Last edited by Staceym; 01-01-2020 at 02:00 PM.
    ..` A woman needs a man like a fish needs a net. ..`

Super Moderator Chopper Challenge Champion

They are neat :)