Thread: Live White Worms and MicroWorms

ECAS member

I have a crazy white worm culture going, so if anyone is interesting in trying this live food let me know.

I also have microworms for fry.

These are both always available just drop me a PM.

Thanks,
    D

ECAS member

Nice to see some people culturing white worms. :)

I've had a culture for many months now. It's always been an excellent source of parasite free, live, fatty food for my fish. The fish go nuts for them! Very easy to keep....just need some potting soil, a container...a cool place for storage, and a chunk of white bread once and awhile. :)

I was lucky enough to get a start of white worms off a fellow member and since shared several starters. Nice to see you offering worm starts for free as well. They can be a little expensive if you gotta order them.

It's always encouraging to see people sharing the simple things. :)
    First I lobster, then I flounder...so I married her just fer da halibut.

ECAS member

Hey Marf, I actually got my white worm starter from you quite a while back! Good advise on culturing them. I never had any problems at all doing this.

You might be interested to know that I have used exclusively 100% whole wheat bread and had no problems. Even the fancy bread with flax seeds and sunflower seeds, they eat it all up.

D

ECAS member

I'd love some micro worms if all goes well in a week I'll have betta fry
    Mya the Missing,

But the cat comes back, the very next year...

ECAS member

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MrD
    Hey Marf, I actually got my white worm starter from you quite a while back! Good advise on culturing them. I never had any problems at all doing this.

You might be interested to know that I have used exclusively 100% whole wheat bread and had no problems. Even the fancy bread with flax seeds and sunflower seeds, they eat it all up.

D
    Good to hear it's going well for you. I am interested to hear that they do good on whole wheat etc etc. A few people here on the forum tried these worms but the culture failed. The only thing I could see was that they were using different bread than me. I guess it must be something else!

I know one thing...theres something in "wonder bread" that my own culture doesn't like. The worms hardly touch it and it just starts to go bad.

ECAS member

to much preservatives it's not really healthy for human consumption either :)
    Mya the Missing,

But the cat comes back, the very next year...

ECAS member

Value plus enriched white bread from superstore.

ECAS member

I feed mine whole wheat alot as well. Although I try to use white, but we don't buy it often, so I substitute with hamburger or hot dog buns. They enjoy that as well.
    P

ECAS member

I am interested in purchasing some Live Tubifex Worms. I had a live culture of tubifex worms for 6 years, but when I moved my residence the worms died. Is there anyone out there, specifically in Ontario that raises and supplies Live Tubifex Worms. Look forward to your replies. Thank you

ECAS member

PM sent
    64 gal bowfront community,46 gal bowfront community tank, 40 gal. bowfront tetra,angelfish 33 gal live bearing
    tank, 20 gal holding tank

ECAS member

hey there everyone, looks like this thread has been inactive for a little while, but any chance that someone near wolfville has a culture of whiteworms that i could get a little starter from? sounds like a really convenient reliable source of live food...

ECAS member

This does sound interesting? Hmm Does anyone have something like this near Halifax? Let me know so I can further my research

ECAS member

I have Walter worms and white worms available. Just email or pm me.

Barbara
    1-70g, 1-35g, 1-30g, 1-28g, 1-25g, 1-20g. White Top Haras, Multis, Brichardis, Swordtails, Mountain Minnows, Cories, Snakeskin Gouramis, Gold Gourami,Celestial Pearl Danios, Banjo Catfish, Upsidedown catfish, etc.

Re: Live White Worms and MicroWorms

Hi guys, I need a source of very small live food for salamander larvae. I have been looking for Daphne culture with no sucess. Any suggestions? The sallies should be hatching any day now.........