Thread: Bumble Bee Gobies

Super Moderator Chopper Challenge Champion

Hello,
    as a few of you know I have a 10G empty tank and I am wondering what to do with it. I have been planning to use it to house a Figure 8 Puffer for a couple years and then move him to something larger.
    Now I am also come across a new thought. I was wondering how Bumble bee Gobies would do in my 10G tank. I have no problem changing it to Brackish. right now it is has some snails in it, the filter (stringray 15G) running, a heater, a canopy (I have not turned it on for awhile since there are no fish in it, just snails that I did not plan having in there).
    I do feed the tank daily and do weekly water changes still to keep it cycled.
    I always have an AC50 that I can put in there instead of the stringray filter.

Just looking for thoughts. I would like to try something brackish and something I have never had before.

Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving.

Super Moderator

Bumble bee gobies would do fine and u could stick a little figure8 in there with them
    My Aquariums *Updated Feb. 2016
    180g- Scleropages aureus
    100g- 4x Channa Pleurophthalma , 1x Erpetoichthys Calabaricus, 2x Synodontis Eupterus, Polypterus ssp.'s Lapradei, Delhezi,Ornatipinnis ,Endlicheri & Angsorii x2
    160g- Carettochelys Insculpta
    100g- Pair Channa Aurantimaculata,
    80g 1x Channa Aurantimaculata (for sale...inquire)
    70g- Solo Channa Asiatica,
    30g- 1x Channa Gachua (for sale ... Inquire)
    35g- 3x Channa Gachua,
    35g- Pair of Channa Bleheri
    25g- 3x Channa Bleheri

Only a 10G tank, so I do not want to push it. Later on, when I get a larger tank I would love to have bumblebee gobies too

Super Moderator

Have u ever seen one? They are very small guppy sized and stick to low level/ substrate u could stick 2-3 easily and the puffer would still have full range of the tank . Serge has them as well i have 4 figure eight puffers in my brackish tank they are great! I cannot however put bumble bees because i think they would get eaten by my larger fish
    My Aquariums *Updated Feb. 2016
    180g- Scleropages aureus
    100g- 4x Channa Pleurophthalma , 1x Erpetoichthys Calabaricus, 2x Synodontis Eupterus, Polypterus ssp.'s Lapradei, Delhezi,Ornatipinnis ,Endlicheri & Angsorii x2
    160g- Carettochelys Insculpta
    100g- Pair Channa Aurantimaculata,
    80g 1x Channa Aurantimaculata (for sale...inquire)
    70g- Solo Channa Asiatica,
    30g- 1x Channa Gachua (for sale ... Inquire)
    35g- 3x Channa Gachua,
    35g- Pair of Channa Bleheri
    25g- 3x Channa Bleheri

I have had them before when I was younger.
    I am thinking one or the other

This is the tank I have set up

Click here to enlarge

Anything I have read online says that Bumblebee Gobies need a 20G tank minimum which was really high in my mind. Since they are like an inch long.

I am constantly debating between having bumblebee gobies or a F8 puffer. I think the BBG (bumblebee Gobies) would do better in the 10G than the f8