Thread: freshwater lionfish

ECAS member

does anyone here have a freshwater lion fish?? or a three spined toadfish they are also called?

ECAS member

i had one of those but now i cant find him,:( he wasnt in the best shape when i got him unfortunately, but i wanted one sooo bad! so i had too! i think he might just be hiding in the mess of plants i have he blends in really well since he is so small.i literally have to spend a half hour to try and pick ihim out!

they gave me a crazy deal at PU to get them so i got them because i have been waiting for them to come in but information on them is sort of scarce, PU gave me the brackish parameters for them and the low down on all of that, but i just wanted someone who had them to share some experience.. when they growl....wow!haha i jumped out of my skin!

Super Moderator

I never could find any, I would love to have one some for my brackish tank, it's one of the few brackish fish i couldnt find,

All i know about them is everyone seemed to agree the biggest thing is getting them eatng from there it's easy, great find your PU has much better fish then the ones here lol,

Melissa, Sege has several buymble bee gobies, in both yellow and orange (i didnt know there were 2 color's until seeing it at his place) you should come for the social great excuse to get those gobies!
    My Aquariums *Updated Feb. 2016
    180g- Scleropages aureus
    100g- 4x Channa Pleurophthalma , 1x Erpetoichthys Calabaricus, 2x Synodontis Eupterus, Polypterus ssp.'s Lapradei, Delhezi,Ornatipinnis ,Endlicheri & Angsorii x2
    160g- Carettochelys Insculpta
    100g- Pair Channa Aurantimaculata,
    80g 1x Channa Aurantimaculata (for sale...inquire)
    70g- Solo Channa Asiatica,
    30g- 1x Channa Gachua (for sale ... Inquire)
    35g- 3x Channa Gachua,
    35g- Pair of Channa Bleheri
    25g- 3x Channa Bleheri

ECAS member

they are eating for me so thats good, i just am trying to find out little things about them that im not able to find, also wondering if its true they need saltwater not brakish when they are adults, and what people are keeping the brackish at to compare.

ECAS member

they are super cute(to me) ill post pictures soon! and two colored gobies... very very cool!! my PU is basically bringing in strange fish like this with me in mind so they know its going to be sold.. needless to say they love seeing me coming in the door,as i literally buy out whole tanks from them lately! two days ago they actually laughed and told me there was a surprise at the back for me!

ECAS member

i posted pictures in the photo lounge if anyone is interested

ECAS member

Hi Jessi just an update on your clarius catfish that you gave me. They are about double in size and eating like pigs. They haven't tried to eat anyone in the tank yet and no one in the tank has tried to eat them either. They were a good fit to my aquarium and its inhabitants. Thanks.
    Crazy fish lady
    108 gallon mixed reef
    66 gallon fresh water

ECAS member

Thats such great news!im so glad you like them. i thought they were just amazing but selling my big tank it just wasnt fair to keep them in a 30 for a few months til i replaced it.im really glad that you are enjoying them!feel free to post some pictures id love to see the size now!what are they in with again?

thanks for the update!

ECAS member

They are in with my 2 turtles, a very large pacu, a jack dempsey and a pleco. They are all in a 66 gallon. Your bar goby is really happy in my 108 gallon with all my other salt water fish. Unfortunately I have linux on my computer and I can't figure out how to copy and paste with it. I can send some pictures to you to your email address if you want? I think I still have it from our discussions before.
    Crazy fish lady
    108 gallon mixed reef
    66 gallon fresh water