Thread: gray figure 8 puffer belly?

ECAS member

gray figure 8 puffer belly?

My figure 8 puffer has gray blotches on his sides and below his mouth where he would otherwise be white. Is this a bad thing? Is it an insignificant thing? I don't even know whether he used to be white or the gray blotches were always there. I might just be paranoid right now because in the last week I've lost a danio and a molly.

ECAS member

Re: gray figure 8 puffer belly?

The danio was in my freshwater tank, the molly in the brackish tank with the puffers. My brackish tank now contains two mollies and two puffers.

Water changes are weekly or slightly longer. No ammonia in the water. SG of water is usually around 1.006. That's all I can really report on from work right now.

The gray-bellied puffer has been chubby lately, while his buddy has been thin. I managed to get him to thin out a little bit, but his fatness was concerning me. I've had these guys since August, and they seem to have been doing very well. This is my first brackish venture.

ECAS member

Re: gray figure 8 puffer belly?

Nitrite I don't know. Feeding is every 2-3 days. I've been feeding them scallop for the last while, as well as blood worms from time to time.

My mollies and puffers seem to ignore each other completely. I've watched them quite a lot, and they just never seem to interact.